Speaker 1: I got a tenaman, So you project Patrick and tear for here every two weeks. We'll tips here a lot more than that. Patrick's here every two weeks, because I think we'd burst if we had any more of him than that. Of course, it's the U project, and let's start. Let's go, let's go the other way around. Let's start with boy wander up there in Bland, the thriving metropolis of Bland.
Speaker 2: Hi, mate, how are you?
Speaker 3: It was so cold yesterday that I was worried Fritz was going to be frozen to a tree.
Speaker 1: Oh, frozen Fritz. That sounds like some kind of streets product. Oh man, I have, yeah, lickety split and a frozen Fritz.
Speaker 3: It was so cold. It was so it's been so freezing, and I had one of you know those wheat heat packs you put in the microwave. So I do call this morning when I go. So, I've got my hoodie with the pocket that goes all the way through, because's very important. You get a pocket that goes all the way through, and then I can shove my hands in there and it stays warm for about Oh look, if I zap at it for four minutes, I reckon I get about forty five minutes of heat out of it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, can I throw down a challenge for you to try something?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Actually, personally, what's the I'm taking off? Mahuti?
Speaker 1: Everyone, I must be getting serious to reveal the flannel underneath for haughty. I'm not a bogain at all. That's a treat for you too, but no one else. What's the temperature there on average at the minute in the morning, look at bit.
Speaker 3: Varies between minus two and maybe plus two at the moment in the mornings.
Speaker 2: And how long do you walk for?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, I go to the gym first, so that's the first port of call, so Jim first. Because we've spoken about putting the beach towel on my windscreen so it does an ice over, So I do that the night before. So I normally take Fritzy out for about forty five minutes to an hour, depends on who I bump into on the way, because our mutual friend tif Kim and Walter we bump into them a fair bit. And she's a listener to the show. I'm going to tell you a story about this later. I don't want to interrupt the introduction, but it is pretty damn cold, and I do go out for around about forty five minutes to an hour.
Speaker 1: You're the only bloke that I can say, how long do you walk for? And that becomes a two minute monologue like all you need to go is forty five minutes?
Speaker 2: Answer? Na, fucking hell. I just went and grew a beard and had a shave.
Speaker 1: So here's my It's something I've been doing. It's going to be much harder for you, because I mean cold where I am is about four or five or six, but where you are it's fucking sub zero. Try this, mate, like three mornings a week if you want to get up, go for a walk without Fritz in a singlet and a pair of shorts in the freezing for ten minutes and see.
Speaker 2: How you go.
Speaker 1: So instead of having to do an ice bath or you know, cold plunge or whatever, try that I've been doing it. It's you feel fucking great when you get back.
Speaker 3: NOODI run. You know I have Reinard syndrome, right, jog it out. My hands and feet go white. If anybody listening to us knows what reinards condition or reinard syndrome is, it means that you don't just have cold hands. The blood rushes out of your fingertips. Look it up, Go and do a Google search on and just type in Reynard syndrome and the fingers go completely white and numb. And that's me within the third thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: So wear some gloves, but nothing else.
Speaker 1: All I want is isody. I want some dick togs. No, no, we want your junk covered. Nobody needs to see that, although they need a fucking telescope. Dick togs gloves. Well it's cold, I mean, and yeah, you don't want that to do you. Good morning Tiff, Good morning tif here. How why are you dressed like a corporate banana?
Speaker 4: Because I'm a fancy I'm very fancy and.
Speaker 1: You look like you're wearing a yellow suit or yellow like yellow.
Speaker 4: Double breasted jacket. It's the best, so good color.
Speaker 2: You've been out networking this morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Just you know, work in the room, Harps, work in the room, having some smash.
Speaker 1: Davo tell me, tell me, and then Patrick can because he's done a bit as well, because he told us before we went live. What do you love and what do you hate about networking? Or does depend depend on the group.
Speaker 4: Depends on the group very very much.
Speaker 5: I love hanging out with people in group environments, kind of supporting each other and learning from different types of people and just interacting. I just love being in the room with people, and I hate when it's awkward and stilted and there's a bunch of enaughies and it's.
Speaker 4: A bit forced. I hate that aspect, which.
Speaker 5: Can you know, depending on what room you enter, there can be some of that good.
Speaker 1: So this is not incidental networking. These are groups that are organized specifically to bring people together for that reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, this was My friend is a member of this group. So I went along as a visit today. They were holding a women's women in Business special events, so it was all women's focus.
Speaker 4: They had a stack of guests like.
Speaker 5: Me come along and hang out with them, and it's structured so there's chance for everyone to introduce themselves and there's it's the purpose is to become referral partners for each other in business.
Speaker 2: Nice Patrick, you've done a little bit of that. Thoughts.
Speaker 3: Oh, my thoughts the same as Tiff. It really depends on the room. The last time I did a networking function was early last year. And I met my new accountant there. He was fantastic, really dynamic, and he helped me through a big business transition moving to a company structure. He was phenomenal and it's great. And you know, it was just a local networking thing organized by our local Shire. I know, you laugh at me when I say shy. You make me think I'm a hobbit, But we have a Shire Council. But they do do a lot of They're quite proactive in terms of doing networking and so. And I've also been involved with our local Chamber of Commerce for many years as well. You know, do their website for them, and they have regular functions, they have dinner meetings every month. But I think, yeah, in general, it really does come down to reading the room and getting the right people in the right space. And I mean it's no different than anything that I guess you've done with any sort of interaction. You can go to a party and it can die in the backside because it's just not the right chemistry, whereas other times, you know, you've got two men and a black dog and it's great, it's the best not you've ever had. So you know, it's just in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've never been to one. I should probably, well maybe I should. I don't know, but yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 1: I'd be curious to go stick my nose in and see what happens and meet a few.
Speaker 5: People yourself invited. I'm going to haul you along and guess what. This one's halfway between where you live and where I live, so I will meet you there. You won't have to stumble too far from your abode.
Speaker 1: Do I have to get my passport out? Is it further than Elwood because I.
Speaker 4: Don't go further now, it's half way to Wellwood?
Speaker 1: Oh bright, right, Well that's really I could probably do that, probably negotiate that Patrick.
Speaker 2: Were you going to make fun of my nose again?
Speaker 3: No, no, I just I mean you did mention about taking it into the room with you. But that's great.
Speaker 1: It usually gets there long before me. By the time I get in there, three people are standing under it.
Speaker 3: So you know, anyway, if you're outside, all the smokers can huddle underneath you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's raining, everyone can just fucking shelter under my schnozz. Yeah, I'm okay with all that, don't mind at all. What are we talking?
Speaker 3: About today, technic technical, before we jump into this. I had a fascinating conversation with my friend Kim yesterday.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I just point out, you know you're not in charge?
Speaker 3: Right? I know?
Speaker 1: But no, no, you can't say before we jump into this because you're not in fucking charge.
Speaker 3: How about we vote? How about we vote to votes?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's a dictatorship. There's no fucking vote here. I'm a megalamoniac. He's a megalomaniac. Maniacal podcast. Do you get no fucking say he's going to tip?
Speaker 2: What's fifty percent of zero?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Come on, because you two are the people. Okay, I reckon. There are two sorts of people in the world, like the people who stub their toe cry and then rock back and forward in the corner and the people who pushed through it. Right. And so yesterday when I bumped into my friend Kim and her dog Walter as we were doing it early morning freezing walk, we got talking about that sort of stuff and we started exchanging pictures of our toes because I the last time I was in Melbourne, I slipped off the bottom step and flexed my toes and they ended up purple but I pushed through it, right, And then she told me she was lifting weights and was putting some new weights on. And you know what's the little end of the weights that hold the big weights on collar. She's dropped the collar onto her toe and then not only has she broken her toe, she went for a run afterwards. Right, this is how balls this she is. So we got talking about this and pushing through and I was fascinated to think about because the first time I ever went skiing, on day one, I've fallen over. I fractured my finger. My ring finger was at ninety degree ease, and then for the next week I'd spend fifteen minutes putting the gloves on because there was no way I was going to spoil a ski trip. I'd never done skiing before, and I'm thinking, I'm not going to go to a doctor. That's just silly, because you know, I can get through this. So my finger was sitting out at ninety degrees and it would take me all this time to put the gloves on, but I wasn't going to spoil the whole day. So it made me wonder, given your experiences, and I'm sure Tiff, given your experiences in the ring. What have you fought through that? Ordinarily most people wouldn't. Have you ever had an injury while you've been training or while you've been fighting me, or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking like, get comfortable if you want me to tell you about my injuries. So let's not even go Let's not even go to me because my body's reasonably fucked already. So let's go to tiff.
Speaker 5: My first amateur novice title fight. So I'd had a few corporate boxing challenges and then my first novice title fight I fought with a back thing going on, and then after the fight, I got diagnosed with fractured stress fractures in my transverse process, which is a little nodule on the side of.
Speaker 4: On my lumbar spine.
Speaker 5: Very painful, but you know when you get when you step into the ring, adrenaline masks all of that, so that disappears.
Speaker 1: I've got one that is a good story, and that is that is being mentally tough. But mine is about being mentally stupid. So when I was young, I was obsessed, as you remember, right.
Speaker 2: And I've told their stories psypologies.
Speaker 1: I used to run every day, Patrick, and I didn't do it because I was disciplined. I did it because I was obsessed. So I ran three hundred and sixty five days of the year, every day of the year. I did a thousand push ups every day of the year. I did a thousand sit ups every day of the year. I did like two hundred chin ups. Right, And it wasn't because I was disciplined or had a lot of self control.
Speaker 2: It was because I was obsessed.
Speaker 1: And when I did that, it made me look better and feel better, and I was addicted to the look and the feeling all this shit. Right, So anyway, and I also used to play footy. I played footy. I fucked up my ankle really badly. They didn't have moon boots back then. They were not a thing. But if they had, I'd be in a moonboot anyway. So it was all taped up like a mummy crutches. The instructions do not weight bear for two weeks, so don't put your foot on the ground. Now, this is oh, no, I run every day. It's like, well, no, you don't run every day. You won't be running for maybe eight weeks. I'm like, and I'm listening to him, going, that's not happening.
Speaker 2: But anyway, So.
Speaker 1: The quicksh version is, I go home. I meant to not put my foot on the ground, not even weight bear a little bit for two weeks, and then slowly introduce weight bearing, and then probably in about four weeks start to walk, and then over time walk, jog, jog, walk whatever. So I went home and I I climbed out of the window of my bedroom at about ten o'clock at night because I hadn't been for a run, and obviously left the crutches in my bedroom. Ron and Mary don't know about this, so feel free to tell them. And I just started walking in absolute agony. I walked out from the backyard out to the front of my house, and I just in my mind, I'm like, I'm going to run, doesn't matter how painful it is.
Speaker 2: And so I started running, and obviously it was excruciating pain and I ran hobbled, ran hobbled for about.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like two hundred meters and I I was fifteen, I was an idiot, right, But I'm crying. I'm because I'm an addict, like this is completely ridiculous, irrational, unhealthy. Then I walk, I'm running in the middle of the road because I live in the country, right, there's no one around. So I walked to the side of the road where even though it's the country, it's it's a town. It's moey, so there's gutters and shit. So I put my foot in the gutter. So it was my right foot, and my right foot was what's called supernated, so leaning on the outside so kind of turned on that angle turned. But when I walked in the gutter, the pain was reduced significantly, Like I didn't even know why then I know why now anyway, I'm like, oh, so it went from like ten out of ten pain to like five. So I tried a bit of a jog and it was quite painful, obviously, but I could just jog. So I spent the next month sneaking out of my bedroom at night and jogging in gutters around Latroe Valley like a fucking weirdo. And my right ankle, which it was, has still fucked so.
Speaker 2: Good work me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, normal people sneak out to me, to girlfriend, go to Ao allowed to and maybe to punch someone up. I don't know. I'm trying to think of what Tiff might do. But really, to run on a broken foot, that's awesome, mate, Yeah, go.
Speaker 2: Meet, go meet.
Speaker 1: There's no by the way, there's no pride in that. That's the dumbest shit of all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When I finally went to the doctor after a week of having a finger stuck in the ninety degree position which was fractured, which I didn't know at the time. I remember the doctor, you know, it looked at me like I was an idiot. And then at the end of the consultation, I said, so, when it's healed, will I be able to play the piano? And he said, yeah, of course you will. I said, fantastic. I've never been able to play the piano.
Speaker 2: You're an idiot. Did you sit up last night writing that?
Speaker 3: I did actually say that to him, He laughed. He thought it was quite entertaining.
Speaker 2: All right, talk to us about stuff.
Speaker 1: Actually, I want to start with okay, can we start with what's.
Speaker 2: In a name? My business name sucks? Can we start there?
Speaker 3: Well, look, it's funny. I was reading an article recently about domain names going up in price, and I was thinking, quite often when I talk to people, you've got Craig Harper dot com. Att. Okay, so it's a good name. It's easy to pronounce. My business name is Genesis FX. Like, what a stupid name to have as a domain name. How do you spell it? Is it e f f CT? Is it letter F letter X? So it was. It was good at the time, and it's not a Bible reference. Can I just clarify. I'm a Star Trek fan, I'm a nerd. And it was from the second Wrath of Khan movie Star Trek, The Wrath of Khn and they had a Genesis device. I'm merding out. I'm just going to I'm going to stop now. But anyway, so, so I come up with this name.
Speaker 2: Hey, everyone, come back, everyone, come back. No, really, come back to your phone now.
Speaker 3: But I came up with the name before I before I decided to, before the internet was around, so, you know, because I knew you then. That was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we met. We met each other just after the wheel became a thing. And fire remember when they invented fire? Howpened was that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We could actually cook out vegetables. Yeah, ah man, but no, no, so got me thinking, and I just thought some little trivia things about expensive typos. Right. So example, in sixteen thirty one, right, an English printer accidentally left out the word not in the seventh commandment, so ut shalt not commit adultery became a free for all. Thou shalt commit adultery? Right, So the poor blake was fined by the baking Charles mind you ordered one thousand copies destroyed and three thousand pounds and they revoked his Bible printing license. So I guess it was the end of his business. But another one NASA, Right, in nineteen sixty two, NASA had a Mariner one mission to Venus, and it's believed that someone writing the code put a comma in the wrong spot and just after it launched they had to destroy the satellite and it cost them eighty million dollars in nineteen sixty two. Shit, a comma, Like a comma in the code.
Speaker 2: But I mean, can you explain to me?
Speaker 1: Maybe Tiff understands what that means, but what does I don't know what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Like, so a comma in the code.
Speaker 3: The language, okay, the programming language that was used for the guidance system. Because the comera is in the wrong spot. So it might have been you know, you have ever watched you know that the rocket launches, they start off going straight and then they kind of veer to the side a little bit to try to get the escape velocity happening. Well, evidently the common meant that it made a maneuver too early, so instead of say, it's supposed to have done it at a kilometer, it did it at like one hundred meters something along those lines. But if effectively, it meant they had to destroy this eighty million dollars satellite that was supposed to be going to Venus. It was the first satellite of the first mission ever to Venus. So yeah, that was that could be.
Speaker 1: The most expensive typo in the history of typo's.
Speaker 2: Patrick.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good, isn't it. Yeah, Yeah, for sure, it happens. Macy's did this promotion. That's the the I guess the supermarket. Let's more than a Saon.
Speaker 1: No, they're like a They're kind of our version of Myers or yeah. Yeah, yeah, like a big department store.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well again, same thing. Someone's put in a diamond necklace for the wrong price a typo and they had to honor it. So in twenty thirteen, fifteen hundred dollars diamond necklaces went for forty seven bucks and they all got sold out.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, isn't that Oh god, yeah, well someone someone's getting in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. And the other one that I thought was interesting was in twenty ten, Penguin Australia published a past a Bible and someone in mistakingly instead of putting salt and freshly ground pepper, they put salt and freshly ground black people instead of black pepper. They put black people black people black pepper, and so they had to it was a twenty thousand dollar mistakes. So they had to get rid of the pulp seven thousand copies of of the past the Bible.
Speaker 1: I think that would have been more than a twenty thousand dollars mistake.
Speaker 2: Like that is that is terrible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty bad? Huh yeah, go and look the other thing. And then what got me thinking about this also is because domain names. One of the worst domain names is because when you've got a domain name, there's no gaps and so the words run together, and sometimes people forget that running the words together can make other words.
Speaker 1: Can I just pause you for one sec. There's going to be twenty percent of our listeners who are who aren't thirty years old, who are going what's a domain name?
Speaker 3: Oh really? Okay, so www dot craigharper dot net. That's a domain name. Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's like like what we non tech people might call like a web.
Speaker 3: Address, right web address? Yeah, exactly, the dub dub dub. So in this instance, if you think of the word therapist, the problem is when you put therapist into a domain name, it can be the rapist, not therapy. So that's there's there's some problems when you're thinking about registering a domain name. Is join all the words together and see what it spells. There's some classically funny examples and some tragically bad examples of words that get run together. And you've got to call one of my clients. I shouldn't say this, I guess, because he's a client, but I've got to tell you anyway. He's in the United States. So his name is Fred Winn and a lot of Americans like to use their middle initial and so when he was he's an author, and he's actually a really interesting guy. He worked in the prison system for years and years and years, and he's been involved in the Black Lives Matter. Really lovely guy. His name is Fred A. Win and I pointed out to him that if you put that in a domain name, it becomes freeda win, not read a wig, because there's no full stops. And so when you went to Registeres Demain, I said, you know that if we put your name in as Freda a win, it's going to be freeda win. But you know, he went with it because that's his name, fred Awin.
Speaker 2: But now I think I think Freda's got an eye in it?
Speaker 3: Is it advice to leaders Freda though?
Speaker 1: But back back to your point about the rapist. I had a friend. I met a guy who came into one of the gyms I was working out. His name was Norbert Vonzumhoff right, what German? Yeah, Norbert monhim half right, Shout out to Normady if he's around. We used to call him normal anyway. He'd only been out from Germany for not long. He was a level ten gymnast. Moved to Australia. Him and I started just working out together. Anyway, One day we were out and we were walking along and there was a physiotherapist right sign physio and he's like, what is physio?
Speaker 2: The rapist? So same thing?
Speaker 3: What is?
Speaker 2: He goes Craig, what is Physio the Rapist? And I'm like what. He goes, Physio the Rapist? What is it?
Speaker 1: And I'm like what And then he points to the sign. I'll go, oh fuck, that's physiotherapist bro. And he's like, no, do you O the Rapist? I'm like, no, that's not a the just it's this. Yeah, I get it. But so yeah, So getting your domain name and not accidentally getting something you don't want as a challenge, right.
Speaker 3: Some advice for you, So think carefully because you're stuck with it for a long time.
Speaker 1: Like one of the things that you do is build websites and do you get domain names for people and stuff.
Speaker 3: For yea, yeah, yeah, do all that sort of stuff. So it's kind of like, I mean, it makes sense. It's all those bits and pieces that all slot together. So the first part is trying to get the right domain name and really thinking about things that are spelt and how people see them as being spelt as well. You know, do you put the number one or do you have one? So if it was Craig Harper number one trainer, would you have the number one or would you have So sometimes you've got to register more than one domain name to make sure you get both. Does that makes sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well I remember when.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes I think I don't know MELI did all that, but I think craigharba dot net. We've also got craigharba dot org, dot dot net, AU dot net without the au dot just in case, you know, other people use it.
Speaker 3: It's not a bad idea. It's brand protection because you know, one of the exciting things. I thought it was exciting, but a lot of people were skeptical about it. So the official domain registrar in Australia is called outer au DA and it's a not for comforit organization that manages all the domain names in Australia, so all the dubdub dubs that have an AU extension. So a dot com is American, dot UK is UK dot NZ as New Zealand Australia's are AU. But what they did was one of the problems with that was you you needed to have an ABN or an acn C, needed to be a registered business to register a dot com dot AU and it left a lot of people, maybe hobbyists or enthusiasts who don't have a company or a business structure. So a few years ago they released what they called AU Direct, so you could register tiff Cook dot au and because it didn't have the dot com dot Au, you could just register it. As long as you're an Australian citizen and you can prove you're an Australian, then you're entitled to have an AU direct domain name, which is great because it meant that people, because I think it instills a lot more confidence. When I'm shopping online and I want an Australian company, I will I'm more likely and this has been proven people are more likely to be confident in an a dot com dot au domain name than are just a dot com domain name. Do you find that tip when you go shopping or looking online that you look for the AU extension. I know it's something that I certainly do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if i'm yeah, if I'm buying online, I do.
Speaker 3: M because it means a that they're Australian business and it's and then the hurdles are a little bit harder to cross anyway. Anybody can register a dot com, but you have to have an a b N or an ACN, so you've got to be an Australian business to get that dot com dot AU extension.
Speaker 2: I remember, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this has changed, but there was a real time, mate, where people would kind of try to anticipate what might be big, and they'd register a bunch of you know, web addresses or domain names. So let's say, for example, you had a YouTube channel, Patrick Bonello fucking Live and it started to boom, and like you're sitting at four million followers, and I go, I wonder if he's got a website, and I realized you don't have a website, so I go, fuckety fuck. So I register Patrick Bonello dot everything and then I've got a monopoly on that. Then I then you go, hey mate, I'm I'm actually Patrick Bonello.
Speaker 2: I want that?
Speaker 1: Can I buy it? And I go, sure, thirty grand? So that was happening for a while, Wasn't it a lot?
Speaker 3: It still does happen in the dot com space. That's such a good question, because I'd looked to register my family's surname. I'm talking when I knew you all that time out and in America had registered it as a dot com and he wanted two thousand dollars for it. It's like, I don't want to pay two thousand dollars for that. I don't know what it'd be like now now that I'm super Yeah, But the thing is that's so that's called cyber squatting, and you can if you can find a dot com, anybody can buy one. And that again comes down to why it's less likely in Australia because you have to have the ABN. And I had one of my this happened to one of my clients where they bought a business from somebody, but the person who registered the domain name of the business was a marketing person and she relinquished the domain name and then somebody snapped it up so their own domain name they didn't have access to, and so we appealed that to the official authority outer and they relinquished it to them because the person who registered it had no claim to that name. And that's where the protection is in Australia. So someone registered create craigharper dot au, which is the day Au direct extension, which Melissa may not have registered. Quick, everybody have a look and see if it's there. So if I went and registered it because I thought, oh now harps hasn't got that one. I'm going to register it and see if I can sell it to him. Well, you have claim to be able to go back and say, well, no, this is my name, it's my brand and you have to give it to me. And if ow to the Australian authority, demain authority, says he actually, you know what it is, his name, we'll relinquish it and then you'll be able to snap it up and go and get it.
Speaker 2: Patrick.
Speaker 1: You know how the kids use that term balling, Like if people are doing great, they're balling.
Speaker 2: Have you heard that? Or no, I'm too old, Tiff. Have you heard that? No? Really?
Speaker 1: Okay, So like if someone's a baller, they're fucking crushing it, they're killing it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, look at Patrick, he's looking it up.
Speaker 3: I'm looking up your domain.
Speaker 1: There's two people on my show other than me, and they're both fucking typing on their computers.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 4: I was just chicking roll with the punches.
Speaker 5: Dot com is available for for a steal at twenty four eighty eight usd ah.
Speaker 1: You should definitely buy that. I might buy it and give it to you for Christmas. I don't know how i'd wrap it anyway. I was going to say something hilarious, but you two unlike me when I support your rap, like me when.
Speaker 2: You're going off at a tangent.
Speaker 1: I pretend I'm interested, but you too just fucking type on your computers.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, you don't understand the pressure I work under here.
Speaker 3: Have freeball.
Speaker 1: No, Hey, I'm an only child. That's your chances coming gone track.
Speaker 3: Hey, Craigo, just say you know. If you want, anybody out there wants to register Craig's domain name, you can register Craigharper dot Sydney dot Melbourne, dot NZ, dot co dot NZ, dot org Au dot org, dot I dot online, dot site dot tech. There is a stack, mate, You're screwed. Everyone's going to have a Craigharper website by don't.
Speaker 4: I'm so mad at you.
Speaker 3: Patrick, to be so mad.
Speaker 2: If she could find a way to fucking bland, she'd poke you in your piece, Tiff.
Speaker 3: Only Tiff comes and visits me in bla.
Speaker 4: She's when it's minus five degrees. Give stuff. Yeah, good points for summertime.
Speaker 2: Patrick.
Speaker 1: I feel like, seeing as you're a person who helps people with websites and business, and you should.
Speaker 2: You should like.
Speaker 1: Give away a website or not a website, a domain. Like, if somebody's thinking of starting their business, can they reach out to you, and you, out of the generosity of your heart, give them a free domain?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I will. I'll give them a free domain. Yeah, seriously, I will. Yeah, if you're thinking of setting up business, we'll talk about what you're going to register, and I will register it for you and give it to you. That's two years. If it's a dot com today year, you can register for two years and I'll give it to.
Speaker 1: Just make make sure you go with the one that Tiff that just said that's twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four grand, go with that one.
Speaker 1: I think there might be an asterisk next to this offer. But what if it's like Patrick, what if there's like five people who contact you?
Speaker 2: What are you just going to turn away for all?
Speaker 3: Right, I'll do five. That's it. The ceiling is okay, I can't. I love how we spending my money. Tip.
Speaker 2: What if there's a hundred.
Speaker 5: Give away a service he's asking you to pay for a sent it cost you money?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is exactly what I'm doing LS the challenge there, you get it. Five.
Speaker 2: I'm all about my audience.
Speaker 3: I will give away five domain names. I'm rising to the challenge.
Speaker 2: There you go, five domain names.
Speaker 1: And so all right, and how do people contact you if they want one of those domain Now?
Speaker 2: Already it sounds very much like a setup. This wasn't planned. This is not a setup, but it sounds like it. So how do people reach out?
Speaker 3: Also, we're talking you, Patrick is broke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the worst podcast of all time because we're all fucking talking over each other. I apologize listeners. I'm probably the worst offender. Can people actually, at no extra cost talk.
Speaker 2: To you on the phone?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Of course I love talking to people, haven't. It's get him any shut ups the problem?
Speaker 2: All right? So all right just repeat? Okay, So how do they reach out to you? Do they phone you? Do they email you? Do they drive to your house?
Speaker 3: They can flat Oh, they can command of coffee. Well, they got to pay for the coffee, though, if you want to come to the land, you're gonna buy me coffee at the very least, I reckon. But no website websites, noow, dot com dot au. You've got all my contact details. You can even come and pat Fritz and we'll go for a walk. With Fritz that would be nice.
Speaker 1: And Patrick, if you get up there at three am, Patrick will be in his dick togs and his gloves. And because who's doing a ten minute cold walk every day?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon web?
Speaker 2: Chance? Tip puts up a hand like she's at school.
Speaker 4: A good question that the listeners are dying to know. The answerity.
Speaker 5: Is the starting price range for a basic website by you?
Speaker 4: Patrick?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's actually a really good question. If you were doing a really basic website. I think you're probably looking at about say twelve hundred to fifteen hundred dollars for a basic site, and that includes hosting for twelve months. That's a good question. Is the starting price I guess is what you'd be looking at, And it really depends because it's how big is a piece of string. But one of the things I've always thought about, and this is another piece of advice, if you are looking for a website and you're speaking to somebody, not just me, but if you're speaking to someone, make sure you reachister the domain name in your business name, make sure that you have control over the website and basic instructions on how to update it. Because the thing is one of the catches that sometimes happens with websites is someone will design it and then you've got to go back to them for every single change, and every time they change it, they charge you. So I've take the fish in an approach, you know, give them a fishing ride and teach them how to fish. And that way people can make the changes and all that's themselves. So you know, if you've got a ten page or a five page or a one page site, but you want to add more content and do it yourself, then you should be able to you know what I mean. That's do you update your own site? Don't you? Tif?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do. I was just lat thing because I was like, is that a trick?
Speaker 3: Now? Is that?
Speaker 5: So they get in the back end ruin everything and then you actually make more to fix the Nah? No, we do.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 3: We back up every day. So we always say to people if your balls up your website, if you break it, we'll just roll it back to the day before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens, you need your back end addressed, just contact Patrick.
Speaker 2: All right, So is there any I mean that's the take time, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So is there any chance we could do some tech tech, some tech Yeah, well any chance.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to fucking throw a spanner in your sales pitch. You're overt shameless sales pitch that you're clearly ran tip before the show said ah, hey could you ask this but make it sound like we haven't organized it. That was shameless. Tell us some tech news.
Speaker 2: Earn your money, will you?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to make some money now to pay for those bloody domain names I've just flogged off. Hey I'm Tesla owners. Okay, there's a lot of Tesla news out at the moment because there's a group in Australia that are looking at doing a class action against Tesla because there's suggestions that sometimes they will break, So Tesla owners are looking for some competition. They're talking about potentially hazardous situation if the car suddenly breaks and you didn't hit the brake.
Speaker 2: So ah, you're talking about br A K E.
Speaker 1: And I were thinking break occasionally breaks.
Speaker 3: And some breaking.
Speaker 2: Sorry gall listen to what I said.
Speaker 1: I thought you were saying break, Yeah, as in the car breaks.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, it breaks and breaks down? Yes, breaking, No, we're talking about.
Speaker 2: You mean it like it applies. The breaks randomly.
Speaker 3: Right during autopilot mode.
Speaker 2: Mike, I'm thinking this is not a big story.
Speaker 3: All cars fucking break when you're in cruise control autopilot mode. The car can rapidly decelerate for no reason. This is allegations that are floating around, and they're trying to get a class action. So it's happening at the moment. Tesler owners are being asked to sign to this class action and they're looking to take it to the federal court later this year. But evidently thousands of Tesla owners are into this. And the interesting thing is that just this week in Austin, Texas, the first robotaxis hit the road. I think about eight or twenty, sorry, between ten and twenty robotaxis. So robotaxis, we have no driver. You get in the cab, you sit in the back, you tell them the destination or you verbally say it, I guess, and then you press a button to start and the taxi takes off. Now they've got real drivers sitting on the right hand side, so the passeng the driver's seats empty, and they have monitoring drivers for safety. At the moment, I don't know what they're going to do, just scream more as they ram into something. But I've been watching some because I have watching some YouTube videos of people getting into taxis and then drive it around. But evidently there's been concerns because they're driving erradically. There was an instance where there was some police parked on the side of the road and the car suddenly breaked. There was another instance where a car turned and went into the wrong lane. I don't know how comfortable you guys would be getting into a robotaxi with no one behind the wheel, would you?
Speaker 1: I definitely would. I don't know why I'm excited to. Yeah, I'd love that shit ah once. I mean, if there was one in how Hampton and it would take me into the city drop me off for a speaking gig, I'd fucking jump in in five minutes.
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard of uber?
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I'd rather sit in the car with no one just snob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm about to.
Speaker 2: I want some quiet time before I'm with all the humans. I don't want to talk to old mate.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will talk to old mate if he or she is there. But yeah, but no, would you not? Tif would you not get in a driverless car?
Speaker 5: Not? After hearing what is going on with Tesla.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm a bit dubious. It's a it's a bit scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean I would.
Speaker 1: But also with the advent of yeah, autonomous cars or whatever driverless cars down the track, when they're proven to be safer than driver cars, I'd gladly sit in the car and let it take Ron and Mary while I do some work in the back seat, maybe watch a rom com.
Speaker 2: I don't know, fucking have a snooze.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to be said though, in all honesty, if you had all the vehicles on the road as autonomous, we would probably reduce traffic by so much. Would think about why people slow, you know, there's so many studies into the patterns of people when they're driving. You know, for example, if there's something on the side of the road, anyone rubbernecks and they slow down to check out, Well, that wouldn't happen in a ROBOTAXI. So, I know we've spoken about this on the show. But you know in the tunnel underneath in Melbourne they have the Domain Tunnel, right they have. Have you seen those green bands of light that are projected on the side of the wall.
Speaker 1: I have not because I don't go under the tunnel, but I believe you.
Speaker 3: So this was this is a really interesting project. What they did was they looked at the flow of traffic and because people are going through a tunnel, there's no horizon as such, or it's very difficult to gauge when you're going up and down. And what they found was as people were going up, their speed started to drop. And what was happening is there was a slow down in traffic. So they came up with this idea of having these moving green bands that are projected onto the wall, and they found that people subconsciously keep up with the bands, and the bands are just automatically to the traffic flow. So if there's a lot of traffic but they can see a pattern, they will speed up a little bit to be safe. But it means people will actually speed speed up, not speed up, sorry, not speed, but they will increase their speed to match the bands or the movement. And it's been designed in such a way that it's for the optimum flow of traffic. So the generated light on the side of the wall will adjust based on the amount of traffic flow to make it d make people drive more efficiently.
Speaker 2: I wonder if, well, that's fascinating, is and that's very interesting science. I wonder who figured that out? So thank you for telling me that. That is fucking fascinating.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if so what they're doing is manipulating people without telling people they're manipulating them. Great, I wonder ethically.
Speaker 2: Etceter like. I don't give a fuck. I think it's clever, but I just wonder if some people are going to go.
Speaker 1: Oh, nobody consented or nobody consulted us, and you're manipulating my driving or my mind with these things that you didn't ask me if like, I wonder that. But yeah, that's fascinating. The way that our environment can control our thinking and our behavior is crazy, and it.
Speaker 3: Does make a lot of sense. When you think about being in a tunnel, you do lose all perspective. This is slightly similar when you paraglide. I've done a little bit of paragliding when and this is going to sound so strange, but when you're at a certain height and you're paragliding, you don't know if you're going up or down because there's no term of reference. And so when you fly, you have a device. It's called a variometer, and it gives you these audible signals. So it'll increase in pitch if you're going up, decrease in pitch if you're going down. Because when you're flying and you're in the sky, you've got no term of reference. You don't have trees, you can't see the trees, you can't see hills and things because you're so high. So really our brain is fascinating, but also it can play tricks on us as well. And you'd think going up or down would be such an easy thing to know. And hence in the tunnel, going up an incline without any term of reference is actually slowing the traffic down. I love that sort of stuff. It's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't really I guess, when you're in space, like you're in open space and there's no ground and there's no walls or no proximal ground or walls, you lose kind of context. You know, there's like, oh, yeah, can I just be clear?
Speaker 2: I think I know.
Speaker 1: A paraglide is like a parachute, but it's motorized or no.
Speaker 3: No, a paragly it looks like a parachute, but it's much it's just a big wing, so we call them a big giant parachute, and it has a lot of control lines coming down onto it and break lines, and it's the biggest surface area than a parachute. So the idea is that you can generate lift if you hit a thermal or if you've got an updraft. So if you're flying inland, then you thermal. So often you'll see eagles taking advantage of a thermal. So it's a sunny day and you'll see an eagle just adjusting its wings and going up, spiraling up because they've hit a thermal updraft. So the heat can cause what they call an updraft of air and means that a bird's birds are great at this. They take advantage of it. They don't have to flap their wings, they just go up the updraft. And you can do that in a paraglider, whereas on the coast you use what they call, you know, the onshore breeze. Hitting a cliff will cause an updraft of wind and then you can fly along the edge the ridge of a cliff and get lift from that. So you basically can ride fly up and down the coast without descending and you get a good old flight out of it.
Speaker 2: You're much braver than I thought, because there's fucking no chance I would do that. Really, I am no. Do I look like a bird? Have you seen any wings on me? As if I'm doing that? That's like, oh, zero chance, Tiff? Would you do that?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 2: Would you jump off a fucking cliff with that over your head?
Speaker 5: I bet more people die in road accidents than they do Paragliardi And you're you'll get in a driverless car, but not in the sky.
Speaker 1: I'll also get on a motorbike that goes north to one hundred and two seconds and have the best time ever.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. Hang on, hang on, hang on, why do you Why would you do it? Tiff?
Speaker 4: I think I'd love the feeling of that.
Speaker 5: But then again, when you were talking about that perception under the under the tunnel, I was thinking of it's the same in a helicopter, and that ship was terrifying to adjust to.
Speaker 4: I think I'm not sure. Have to try it and see if it.
Speaker 2: If you were standing under me while I was paraguiding and be like, oh what's that? Oh that's W that's just W coming from jumbo that's just.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, with all respect to both of you, I have more chance of jumping off a cliff with a piece of fabric over me than stepping in the ring and having someone bash the shit out of me or get on the back of a bike with you again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm talking about fear non statistics like you're being rational.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm talking about being shit scared on the back of the bike with you threading your way in around traffic and also getting into a boxing ring. That's scared. That's scared of shit out of me? Troll though, Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Can I just ask statistically how many times have I died?
Speaker 2: I'm going to go zero. It's a very fucking safe bet.
Speaker 3: But it's safe jumping off with a piece of fabric that it is getting on your driving through traffic.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have any evidence to support that claim because my deaths are zero. Number of deaths in paragliding, Patrick, give us another story, talk about something different other than Tesla's and fucking me weiing while I'm on a parachute.
Speaker 2: If you could just go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, can I do one more electric car story? Because I'm excited about it. Yeah, of course, Huiwei. Huiwei the telephone Chinese telephone company aims to have developed a battery, a solid state battery with a range of three thousand kilometers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and doesn't it charge in five minutes or something?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 1: I thought, Oh, this is Patrick's going to get a fucking hard on when he reads this. You won't be able to focus now. So did you read that and you just couldn't concentrate.
Speaker 2: For the morning?
Speaker 3: I was pretty yes, So can you just explain?
Speaker 1: Maybe you don't know, I definitely don't know. Did you say a solid state battery? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Look? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what they're doing with theirs, because Mercedes has been doing a similar experiment and they have what they're calling a solid state battery. So there's something about look at the because we're using lithium ion batteries at the moment. Okay, that's the lithium ion, but a solid stop. I should probably feel like I should know more about this.
Speaker 2: Than can you?
Speaker 3: Can you solid.
Speaker 1: Go into chatters and go what is a solid state battery? While Patrick and I keep talking? But what about Patrick, what about the practical, Like how amazing would it be that you could charge that in five minutes, which is analogous to putting petrol in your car in five minutes and then drive for I mean even if you do five hundred kilometers a week, that's six weeks of driving on a five minute charge.
Speaker 3: It's mind blowing, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what sort of infrastructure you'd need, or whether you could charge at existing charging stations. That's the other question is whether you'd have to update all of the infrastructure. But yeah, such a game changer, I mean, particularly in Australia. And one of the big things here in Australia is that it is expensive to buy into an electric car and if you want more range, if you live out where I live and you're doing longer trips, then the range anxiety has been the biggest hurdled the uptake of electric cars. Price is also problematic, and I think BYD we talked about this recently. Are about to release a kind of a budget car price tag that they're selling them for in China. Is it around about the equivalent of twelve thousand Australian dollars? Is not selling them for even if they land here in Australia, with imports and all that sort of stuff, you could be looking at a sub twenty thousand dollars electric car.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's incredible toif what do you got for us?
Speaker 5: Traditional lithium ion battery is liquid or gel electrolyte, flammable, anti aging prone, and not super energy dense. Solid state batteries are solid electrolyte, often ceramic glass polymer based, more stable, less flammable, and higher energy density.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: I wonder well, I think also Patrick, like you were kind of wondering, which I agree, how much like would if that, if that can draw and contain, for one of the better descriptions, so much energy so quickly, I wonder what, yeah, what that would need to plug into. That's not you're not going to plug that into your two forty vault socket in the garage.
Speaker 2: AA.
Speaker 3: You might have drived to Mouey to the power station there.
Speaker 1: You might have to plug in, plug into one of those great big towers at the SEC.
Speaker 3: But that's that's said. Though that's optimum charging, you still should be able to trickle charge it, so you still might do an overnight charge. On a conventional charging system, it would take longer, but if you're getting that three thousand kilometer range, it wouldn't matter so much because you just do it overnight.
Speaker 1: Now, as we walk out the door, let's have one more conversation about cars, because let's not start a new topic. Well, do electric cars make people more car sick?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This is an interesting little story that I saw and it makes sense. I am a person who does and had as a child, got terribly, terribly sick when I was in a car, and for some reason, the old what was the big boxy hold and I'm trying to think friends of ours had an.
Speaker 2: Old HR or eh yep.
Speaker 3: So when I sat in the back of that, within the first thirty seconds I would be car sick. And then someone explained to me the reason for that is the suspension rolled. So it was luck you're in a boat. And with a lot of the new electric cars, the acceleration is different, the deceleration is different, and so what's happening is people who are passengers. When you get in a car, you expect the car to have a certain sort of acceleration process going through the Even an automatic car, the gear changes will alter the acceleration. But with electric cars it's so different that the researchers believe because we're talking about a high percentage of people feeling more car sick. So this has been some tested stuff like these. These PhD students did a whole series of experiments. They looked at how people reacted to being in electric cars, and they talked about a high percentage of people because brain anticipates a certain movement, because we're so conditioned to how normal car drives that it's out of sync with what the brain is anticipating and that's why people are feeling car sick.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the acceleration in electric car is almost totally linear.
Speaker 2: You know, there's no it's like just yeah, one thing, all right.
Speaker 1: So let's let you sing as you're generously giving away five domains. So if you want to start a business, or you want to start a website, just hit up. Boy Wonder is very generously offered to give away some of his time and his intellectual property and a couple of web website or web addresses, i should say.
Speaker 2: Or domain names.
Speaker 1: Just remind people how to do that, and give you a show, give your business a plug because you deserve it.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks mate. Now just websites now dot com dot au and you can jump on there and contact me in a little bit of a chat if you want to.
Speaker 1: The up butter Cup, We appreciate you, Tiff love the banana jacket, couldn't love it more, couldn't love it more? And the Clark Kent Spectacles that makes you look about twenty IQ points smarter.
Speaker 2: And the wedding ring, the wedding ring around your neck.
Speaker 1: Just waiting for Patrick to jump the fence and realize what he's missing out on.
Speaker 4: That's the hook for him. That's the really mean.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what he'd be waiting for a while. He's been waiting for me to put that around my neck. But that's not coming. I will say goodbye, fair but Patrick, thank you, Tip, thank you,