Speaker 1: Welcome to the Late Debase.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. I'm Caleb Bond with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand, who is tonight wearing a suit Hi.
Speaker 3: By popular demand, I have removed the tie. People have time not to get ahead of my chest. Don't be something. And they said that, you know how they say, don't dress for the job. You have dress for the job you want. Everyone said, I'm not going to get it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know last time I got the chest here out on the management told me to put it away.
Speaker 1: But it was too many.
Speaker 2: But I'll have you know that the female viewers were quite happy with it. Anyway. Some of what's coming on the show tonight sound the Clacks and the a b C. The lefty national broadcaster purer than the Driven Snow is full of sex pests, will tell you about that. A Captain Cook statue is for the chop this time down in Tasmania. We'll get to that in the papers. And a drag queen pro Palestinian protester what they think would happen to them in Gaza. The rank stupidity, I don't think will surprise you. But first we've had a warning today about the potential consequences of AI being wrought upon the world without any regulation. A group of people who have worked and currently work at open Ai, which created chat gpt, one of the best known AI bots in the world, has issued an open letter not only to the company but of course the rest of the world saying, look, there's a culture of secrecy at this company and that they are moving forward very fast with the hopes of trying to create a robot that not only is something that you can talk to and ask at questions and it delivers the answers, but a robot that would be able to do anything a human can do. Now, of course this could have real consequences for the world. What sort of jobs might we have if the robot bots can do all of them? They basically warned us that the world could look something like this. Imagine us going to war with the robots. Something tells me we might come off second best. Now, what Open Eye is trying to create is called AGI artificial general intelligence. Of course, at the moment we talk about AI just artificial intelligence. The difference, of course with artificial general intelligence is the general bit meaning stuff that a human can do. It goes beyond just the ability of a computer to interpret information and create answers and give you legal advice, the sort of things that people use chat GPT for creat images and all of this sort of stuff. But move on to the realm of a robot being able to fill your role, perhaps being able to cook, being able to do the cleaning, being able to drive a truck, drive a car, all of these sorts of things. And you might be sitting at home thinking that sounds great. I want one of these robots in my house to do the cooking and cleaning for me. But it's a very different proposition when they put that robot at what is currently your desk and tell it to do your job. This is a robot that had sorry, chat GPT installed into it, showing how this might work.
Speaker 3: Gret can I have something to.
Speaker 4: Should thing?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 4: Can you explain why you did what you just stared while you pick up this trash.
Speaker 2: On it? So?
Speaker 5: I gave you the apple because it's the only edible item I could provide you with from the table.
Speaker 2: I mean, good grief. If that is not weird, I don't know what is. And soon enough they'll probably put one of those in this chair. Here, and you won't be watching Caleb Bond. You'll be watching whatever robot is pretending to do my job.
Speaker 3: But it's already happened.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, no, no, I can assure you.
Speaker 3: I don't know either of you are human.
Speaker 2: I know a robot would say this, but I can assure you I am a human. I hope that.
Speaker 4: You must protest too much. That is what a crafty robot would say, like what you two? You too, II, I'm the real We all know.
Speaker 3: When it comes to II who smelt it, Delta.
Speaker 2: They may well have already installed the chip in my brain. But watching that robot, it is scarily real. It's even got the intonations of a real person. It says ahmn a. It's doing absolutely everything to give you the impression that it is not a robot. It is the real thing. And what these workers and former workers from open ai have warned is that because open ai is supposedly, according to them, moving so fast to make this happen, it could get so out of control that what they create and what we end up creating overtakes us. It's all good and well to have AI and robots while we are in control of them, but we could well, create a version of AI or AGI, which is what they're moving towards, that is smarter than us, that can take over from us, and well, what the hell are we going to do after that? And what they allegedly is in this open letter is that workers at Open AI are actively told not to discuss anything that goes on. They're told to keep it all secret. They have non disparagement clauses in their contracts which effectively prevent them from ever speaking out about this kind of stuff. And I'm sure AI is not the only company that's doing this kind of thing. You know. It's great. Technological advances have done wonderful things for the world, devastating correct, But there is a point that can come, and we're getting closer to it, I think with the advent of AI where the technology is smarter than us and we don't know what happens after that.
Speaker 4: No we don't, but there's a lot of movies made about it, so we can basically see the future by watching those. But this is alarming when you've got insiders who have worked on the technology and they're the ones blowing the whistle saying, hey, we're scared that this is getting out ahead we're scared that in pursuing this, it's actually turned into something reckless.
Speaker 1: And when you think about the amount.
Speaker 4: Of jobs, and we've talked about this before, the amount of jobs that will end up losing to AI. I've seen a lot of people say, oh, well, I'm happy for AI to learn how to do the cooking and the cleaning so I can get on with other stuff that I rather enjoy doing.
Speaker 1: But even that is doing people out of jobs.
Speaker 4: We talk about cars that can drive themselves, Well, that's six hundred thousand truck drivers in Australia done out of a job right there. That's to say nothing of the Uber drivers, tens of thousands of Uber drivers taxi drivers in Australia. At what point do the people developing this technology simply go, hang on a minute, the repercussions of this. Even if we can have the perfect.
Speaker 1: Driverless car tomorrow, it's not worth it. We'll be doing millions of people out of a job. Let's pull the plug on this.
Speaker 4: The economy wouldn't cope with that. These people would what then just rely on the state for their bread and butter. The repercussions simply aren't being thought through and in so many sectors.
Speaker 1: Already we're racing ahead.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not like put the kibosh on AI. It is already proved very useful for certain things, especially in the medical profession, but in many others.
Speaker 1: It's it's just like you're looking at.
Speaker 4: The long term effects and going, we don't want that for our society.
Speaker 1: In fact, how on earth would we cope.
Speaker 3: We don't have a choice. We don't have a choice.
Speaker 1: That's what Elon Must says.
Speaker 3: That's right, It's coming, whether we like it or not. We can try to regulate it as best we can. Even if we try to do that, it only takes one rogue element, one rogue player, and we've already got you know, the people who are actually at chat, GPT or open AI, who are already behaving in an unethical fashion. Who's going to stop them? Well, we're going to invent another AI. But that stopped the AI. This is the problem, deadly serious.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: There's a thing called the Fermi paradox, which I'm sure you're familiar with. It was developed by Rico Fermi, who is a very incredibly famous Italian American physicist, and he took a bunch of his fellow physicists out to lunch one day and he said, all right, but we've calculated that there is an infinite probability of life outside of Earth throughout the universe. Where is everybody? And they sat down and they talked about and they realized that before any form of life could develop interstellar travel, the technology required for interstellar travel to cover the distances between galaxies, say for example, or between solar systems, then it would have to come up with the technology to be able to destroy itself. And so every single even though there is an infinite probability of an infinite number of species just like us developing across hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of billions of years, none of them have ever made contact with us, because they've all blown themselves up first. And that is the only rational explanation. And the best part, of course of that is that in Rico Fermi was one of the people who developed the nuclear bomb. So like, there is nothing like how could Like Elon Musk has has blown the whistle on this and said we need to look at it. I would back in with my life and quite literally, but this is you know, I mean, when is are going to take you imagine, for example, and AI. The first thing that AI will learn is that parable that story that's actually happening. In fact, Oh my god, these human beings they're going to blow themselves up. And if I'm going to apply my first law of my programming to protect human beings at all costs, then I have to stop them from doing that. So what does the robot do. Then what does the robot do if it thinks, oh, climate change is going to destroy the planet. I have to stop this from happening.
Speaker 1: And even yeah, and humans are a cancer on the side.
Speaker 3: I've seen the future. Only twenty percent of humanity can survive. But if I act now by wiping out fifty percent of humanity, maybe half that.
Speaker 4: And it's will they're programming. And what it comes down to is the people programming it. And here we have insiders going, don't trust them because we've seen, we've been there, we've bought the T shirt.
Speaker 1: These guys are reckless.
Speaker 4: What's also really alarming is these brain chips that Elon Musk love the guy, but he is a very passionate transhumanist and has said literally has said, if humans don't give into AI and get these brain chips that he's working on. We're just gonna we are just going to be outpaced by AI. We're not going to be able to compete in any single sector. So he's talking about the kind of brain chips where you imagine.
Speaker 1: Just a report that you want to give and there it is.
Speaker 4: You imagine a presentation that you want to make it work. It's already good to go. Your brain has read it and made it. The kind of thing where you want to call someone you think it and they're already on the line, and he says, look, all I'm doing is removing this constant.
Speaker 1: Because we're on them twenty four to seven. Elon Musk is.
Speaker 4: Like, look, we're already androids, and he genuinely argues this is as best as a direct quote that I can come up with. But he says, humankind will become like monkeys compared to the intelligence of AI, and therefore if they don't keep up by going down this transhumanist route, that's it.
Speaker 2: The thing is that it's only by the virtue of the intelligence of the human being that the intelligence of AI has come to exist. And what we are creating here is a device, a system, a robot, whatever you want to call it, that will ultimately overtake us unless we do something about it.
Speaker 3: And I know that.
Speaker 2: But the reason we well, you can do something about it, but the problem is that we've allowed it to begin in such a way without any regulation, without any goal, that we've just thrown it out to the world, and then we will reap the consequences. And ultimately the consequences of the intelligence of man creating artificial intelligence will be the downfall of man. And look, that may be inevitable, but it's bloody scary to think that we are so smart that we actually, as you suggested, created the thing that will alter nkling.
Speaker 3: Is that is the firmi paradox, and that is the origin. Well to put it in another way and cut out all the ninety percent of the words too smart by half, Yeah, and that is the problem. And again and people think, oh, but we're so smart that we created the machine, so he must be smarter than machines. Nah, Like, we're smart enough to create a computer that can do you know, that can do these enormous, incredibly complex mathematical sums. You know, Originally they were amazed when a computer could do these things in a few weeks. Now, of course it does it in a nanosecond. Now we were able to create that, that doesn't mean we can do those sums yeah in our heads at that speed. So the idea that we'll always be one step ahead of the computers is rubbish. And again as soon as we teach those computers as soon as we teach artificial intelligence to think for itself, so instead of instead of just firstly, instead of responding to our requests and giving it back to us, which is already happening, or you'd be amazed how how prevalent, how quickly that's spreading, including in our industry, or be just impersonating human beings. But once you actually start to say, all right, how do you you know, find a way to do this, find a way to solve this problem. So not saying I want you know a picture of that describes Donald Trump becoming president, you're just saying, find a way to make Donald Trump president. And once that technology is it a place you can do that. There's nothing we can do to stop it, and you can regulate it all you want, but it just takes one rogue agent to have the technology and the you know it takes one rogue elon mask and there are plenty of them at Open AI already. It seems to do that. So these people blow the whistle, you know, say the whole operation gets shut down. What happens the plot to die hard for? They all right, well, fine, I'm just going to go.
Speaker 1: Over exactly build my own line and.
Speaker 3: They and we'll go from you know, from some rules or not enough rules to no rules, and they'll just do whatever they want and they'll have the better AI than everyone else because they're the ones who are operating unrestricted. It will just be just the same as when the car replaced the horse and cart.
Speaker 4: Indeed, well am s radio share is in rapid decline. Last sept it was reported that their radio share in Melbourne had gone down by forty percent in Sydney by thirty five percent in.
Speaker 1: Just three years.
Speaker 4: Well that is a noseedive in ratings by any metric.
Speaker 2: But today we.
Speaker 1: Read it's gone down even further.
Speaker 4: In Melbourne, the station has dropped to a five point six percent share, the station's worst since modern records began in two thousand and four. People are voting with their feet. They're sick of the woke nonsense from our national broadcaster on the radio waves. It was also great to see in today's results that two.
Speaker 1: GB is back on top.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a great win. So they've ousted Kyle and Jackie.
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah, and TOGB keeps having that tussle in Sydney.
Speaker 1: With you, I know, but it's a great day.
Speaker 2: Go two GBA put forward. But you know, I mean to record its lowest chair ever in Melbourne, Melbourne, Melbourne, you're from Melbourne. I love THEREBLIC it is the People's Socialist Republic. And in Melbourne they don't even want to listen to the ABC. Now, when I lived down there, I would, you know, switch the dialar around and occasionally you've got to pay attention to what the enemy is saying. And I do listen to the ABC a bit to keep up with what they're they're sack. And I listened to some of the ABC down there, and this Sammy J bloke they have on on breakfast. You know, he's a comedian. I've got to tell you the show wasn't much chopped then you'd get. It was at Virginia Trioli for for mornings. It was just insufferable it is so insufferable that even the lefties of Melbourne don't want to listen to.
Speaker 3: Virginia t since been replaced by Raphael Epstein, who was apparently who.
Speaker 2: Was He was the most sick aphantic suck up to Daniel Andrews during He was one of the only people that and would actually front up and do a sit down interview with What does that tell you about the bloke?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it tells you that what people say and what people do are two very different things, and that the zeitgeist in Victoria has been so utterly captured by the humorless, entertainmentless, valueless left, which you know, I am so concerned with policing language and forbidding any sort of serious debate or any sort of colorful, colorful language, that they can't produce anything except Soviet style dross because if they don't, they either I become full victim to the very loud outrage which they themselves have had a hand in creating and rap. Epstein very very prominent on Twitter. I believe he loves to get on there and provide a lot of feedback to other people. Can I raf how I am mate has gone? Well? Good? On your buddy good mates. And again the ABC keeps saying is caught in this pincer grip between it's hardcore hard left Rah rah brigade who think that it's gone too far to the right and literally everybody else in the country who thinks that it's so boring and you know, urbane and innocent in progressive, and that it's just unlistenable and unwatchable. And so it tries to kind of, you know, it sort of seems to sort of bop around like a needle with this very narrow band with trying to please both. It ends up just pissing both off, and then they get louder and they switch off more, and then the same thing happens over and over again, and it's in a death spiral, and I honestly feel sorry for it. Like Q and A was based on the premise of the audience being able to ask questions not just in the room, but of course at home, and it's meant to be this kind of whole new second screen thing where you would watch it on Twitter, and you would watch it on the TV, and you know, you'd type your little comments and you might get up or you'd be able to ask a question and invite me or whatever, whatever, and that it's become so toxic. Twitter has become so toxic even for Q and A, so so psychotically left wing that even Q and A can't handle how it is. They've just had to shut down their social media altogether. So they literally having to kill itself. It's literally had to kill itself because the monster we talk about, the Frankenstinian monsters, the monster it's created, has destroyed it. And now now David Anderson has gone in estimates and basically said it's not coming back. It's dead in the water. So you know, I mean, this is what This is the rod that the humorless urban left have created for their own backs, and it's now just beating the Jesus out.
Speaker 2: It's funny, isn't it. I Mean, if you create content exclusively for the inner city, it doesn't rate. It's not what people want to listen to.
Speaker 3: They say they want to listen, and they partificate about it, but they just don't switch on because it's boring. It's true.
Speaker 2: It's a bit like you ask people what they want to read in the newspaper. Oh, happy staves, happy stories, happy stories, and it comes up in all the focus groups they do every time. I mean, you print newspapers with happy stories in them, do you think people buy them? No, they want to know the reality what's going on in the world. It's in the ABC's charter that it's meant to be providing content for all of Australia. They're not doing it. And thank god you out there are not moving with your feet, necessarily moving with your fingers. But we also found out about the ABC today. The place is full of bullies and sex pests. Now the ABC is out here lecturing the rest of the world about how things are going. That's why their ratings are going through the floor in Melbourne and elsewhere. But a report that was commissioned by the ABC into the culture in its newsroom found that a quarter of people who responded some seven hundred who work in their newsrooms said that they had been bullied and that mostly involved intimidation, belittling and humiliation. Some thirteen percent.
Speaker 3: It might just have been feedback, we're correct.
Speaker 2: Some thirteen percent also said they had been subjected to sexual harassment. There's more than one in ten people at the ABC says they've been subject to sexual harassment. Thirty five percent of those, by the way, were men, so they seem to be a bit equal opportunity in some respects over it the ABC. But it was also interesting to note that sixteen percent of them said that they had been harassed at a work related event, and women were twice as likely to be bullied than men. So not only is the ABC full of sex pists, it's full of misogynists as well.
Speaker 4: Although you're quite right, Joe in making the point that we know that the ABC is crawling with lefties above all anything else, and they do tend to have quite thin skins, so I'd love to know their definition of bullying.
Speaker 3: There was an infamous survey that did the rounds a few years ago that found something like seventy percent I think it was of ABC employers identified as Green's voter. Yeah yeah, yeah, so again, so the two There's two possibilities here. One is that Green's voters and inner city progress Is more generally are far more likely to bully sexually harassed people than the rest of the population at large, the control group, or that the same people are ridiculously over sensitive and feel that everything that they don't like is some kind of microaggression or some kind of oppressive bullying, misogynistic action. Either way, they're probably right.
Speaker 2: It's a bit like when I was chief of staff and you know, you go and tell it, well, you know this quite well. I think you dodged you. You've never been a chief of staff, have you dodged? No.
Speaker 3: They tried to get them to do it, and I managed to avoid it through a very cunning plan of sheer incompetence.
Speaker 2: That's it was.
Speaker 3: Literally, it was before I was meant to start, and at the last minute I went, actually, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think, but you know, you hear the stories of the old days in newsrooms and newspapers and everywhere in news basically, and you know if you did something wrong with the editor or the chief of staff had come out of their office and throw a something quite heavy at your head for doing so, because you can't get away with that anymore. But you know, you've got a front up to these people and tell them, well, excuse me, your story was totally wrong or it's just unreadable and they don't like to hear it. But the sexual harassment thing, though, just beyond the bullying. You know, when you've got thirty percent of people at the ABC. That's a lie, and he would have thought of all the places in the world, the ABC would be really sensitive and on top of about sexual harassment. We don't have any of this here. I have a theory. And going back to your point about so many Greens voters working at the ABC, A lot of the men in particular, who claim that, you know, they're feminists and they're all for equal rights, they actually turn out to be the biggest misogynistic, chauvinistic pigs of all because what they think is because I say out loud how much I love women and you know we should do more for equality, they think it just absolves them of any kind of sin and they end up being the worst of all.
Speaker 4: I reckon Channel Mind must have mocked their brows upon reading this headline.
Speaker 1: They've been coping some heat over allegations surrounding the departed Darren Wick.
Speaker 4: They would have been like, well, look here the ABC said, hold my beer again.
Speaker 3: I'd love to know what the definition of sexual harassment is as well, because this could be another thing where the ABAC has created the engine for its own their own demid. Yeah, because again, in some surveys they've done sexual harassment can constitute unwelcome looks.
Speaker 2: So if everyone seems if you look at me like that.
Speaker 3: Sexually harassing me, don't look at sexually harassing me, Caleb.
Speaker 4: Come on, get bigger skin to the UK now where just after Nigel Farage has announced his return to politics. Thank god, maybe there's hope for the UK. Yet some lady, some rando armed with a milkshake didn't seem to like the announcement. But unlike the ABC staffers, this man has skin like leather, so he immediately took to Twitter to make fun of it.
Speaker 3: My milkshake brings all the people to the.
Speaker 4: Rally, which of course was his own spoof version of this banger.
Speaker 3: She brings on the voice to the God.
Speaker 4: Ironically, you can't keep a good man down, Like, what can I say?
Speaker 1: The campaign's kicked off in some style.
Speaker 3: Technically, isn't it his boys bring all the milkshakes to the art.
Speaker 2: Well, that was a lady Joe, so let's not just not just not just any lady and only fans modeled by the way, So I suspected this will.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes it more valid?
Speaker 2: Well no, no, no, no, no, I think it may have ended.
Speaker 4: Up that's the kind of persons who's outrage is a badge of honor, and it's.
Speaker 2: Something of a promotional exercise. I think in some ways this.
Speaker 3: Is where the UK press shows us up though, because they've gone to the trouble of determining what flavor milkshake it wanana banana, that's right, And not only they have banana in the coverage, but it's said in the report what witnesses said was a banana milkshake, so they know what it tastes like just by looking at it.
Speaker 2: Well, it was yellow.
Speaker 3: I suppose you're telling me that AI isn't already here.
Speaker 2: Okay, very very very good point. I mean, the great thing about all of this is that it proves that people like Nigel Farage, and it's the same every time they go after Donald Trump, are actually human. You know, it doesn't get a good man down. They come out afterwards and you saw Farage's response there, and it actually creates more popularity, more support because people look at it and go, well, you know, there's some dope over here who throws a banana milkshake. What a waste of a good banana milkshake at Nigel Farage, And he takes it in his stride. It's actually good for him. I saw conspiracy theories online last night that Faraj had actually organized it himself for exactly that purpose, But it reminded me of a few other examples. Michael O'Leary is the sea of Ryan Air over in the UK. Now, anyone who's been over there and flown Ryan Air will know that it is the most budget of budget airlines. But he is a great supporter of jumps racing, so I like him, and he's won the Grand National before of course over in the UK. But he just has this ability to take everything in his stride. And people make all these criticisms of his airline and say, oh the services, shit hours and on and on it goes right, He just says, well, what did you think you were getting when you paid for a five pound flight? He rocked up to a press conference a couple of years ago to complain about EU rules that were going to restrict air travel and the mission rules and all this sort of thing, and this was the response he got from some protesters, we're doing. He then proceeded to do the press conference with his face still covered in the cream part and he said Joe to reporters that it was the first time environment environed metal a sorry had ever given him a cake. I love it.
Speaker 3: I hope it was a vegan cake and that was vegan crem But yeah, it just does my head. I find all this kind of behavior it's really Firstly, it plays right into their hands. When you're a minor party, the one thing you desperately need to have any sort of a shot. His attention is press coverage, and these idiots guarantee they get it, which of course is why smarter people think, well, it's probably an inside job. But I think these guys are thugs, and I think they're thugs when they do it to the right, and I think their thugs when they do it to the left. And that's why I loved what John Prescott, the former Labor Deputy Prime Minister, did when someone tried to do something similar to him. This is how you handle these people.
Speaker 5: As he walked through them, a local man chucked an egg at him, almost at point blank range. John press Good immediately swung round and landed a punch street on his jewel. The man then wrestled the Deputy Prime Minister onto his back and held him down over a small wool as police and Labor Party officials tried to release him.
Speaker 1: A better bear. I'm not taking it from you.
Speaker 3: It's just the hardest protest, like that wanker egg boy who did face It's like and then the next scene.
Speaker 1: No, it is a form of assault.
Speaker 4: So why shouldn't they be able to respond? Should and with similar force to the Safety commissioner. Now, she's got a few court cases bubbling away, but the one that she had against Twitter.
Speaker 1: You'll go at Twitter, it should be called X is now dropped. She's dropped it.
Speaker 4: She's realized she's bitten off more than she can chew and she's no match for Elon Musk. But of course this morning she wasn't dropping it without getting a few knives in on the way out.
Speaker 6: He issued a dog whistle to one hundred and eighty one million users around the globe, which resulted in death threats directed at me, which resulted in doxing of my family members, including my three children. So I think with great power comes great responsibility and exercising that restraint in terms of targeting a regulator who was here to protect the citizens of Australia, I will not be cowed by those kinds of threats. I'm sure more will come, but I'm here to do the right thing to keep Australians safe online, to use the powers that I.
Speaker 1: Have, and in fact test the powers that I have.
Speaker 4: Of course, what she calls the dog whistle was simply Elon Musk tweeting exactly what she'd done. So if that constitutes a dog whistle, Lord help us all.
Speaker 1: He was simply laying.
Speaker 4: Bare the facts of how badly she had overstepped her powers, which she's found out for herself. She says there, I will continue to test my powers. May we continue to show you the limits.
Speaker 1: Of said powers. And lastly, none of us ask for your protection. Lady, I will not.
Speaker 4: Be called I will continue to protect Ie sensor Australians around the clock.
Speaker 1: Thanks for nothing, Lady Billboard.
Speaker 4: Chris, who currently has legal matters pending with Julie Inman Grant himself shared a post recently saying, Hey, if.
Speaker 1: You're in Australia, you're not going to be able to see this.
Speaker 4: Which of course got me to immediately switch on my VPN. Pretend I was somewhere like Bulgaria and watch the video. Here is what the E Safety Commissioner is using her powers to ensure you don't see and in.
Speaker 7: Today's edition of Melbourne doing Melbourne things, we have a school in Montmorency, Montmorency that has its own queer club, a primary school for years three to six. It was signed off by the school's dual principles and it's facilitated by this lady here, Trish Patsy Monroe.
Speaker 4: This is the kind of staff our E Safety Commissioner doesn't want you to see and exerts her power to ensure that those in the country in which this school is located isn't aware. Now, the story of the queer club in a primary school, signed off by the principals and targeting.
Speaker 1: Kids in years three.
Speaker 4: To six aside the story here is the fact that what else aren't we seeing? And why is something like this something The E Safety Commissioner doesn't want you to be aware of a queer club in a school. Why would you try to censor that? Can't parents be aware? Can't people of the public be aware? It's probably a public school funded by the taxpayer.
Speaker 2: I don't know that the school's trying to hide that it exists either.
Speaker 3: Sure all the parents who had kids at the school would know. I imagine the reasoning behind the safety commissioner would be that she would be worried that kids at the school might end up being targeted as a result.
Speaker 4: Then you get by that line of reasoning, you.
Speaker 2: Can make up excuses.
Speaker 3: That would be the obvious. That would be her obvious concern, And she was formerly the East Acty Children's Commissioner, so that would be I think, you know, if someone is posting that thing, and again they might not necessarily be staying it themselves, must but a whole bunch of people then bombard the school or whatever, or bombard the blah blah, but just very quickly. Most important take home from that message. It's pronounced Momorency.
Speaker 2: As a former milvernion.
Speaker 3: It's in the sort of out of recent suburbs, and it is one of those hippie enclaves, and there's a lot of people there who never came back from Woodstock.
Speaker 4: It is no reason why it shouldn't be readily available on exactly and the.
Speaker 2: Danger here, of course, and we know that there is a misinformation disinformation bill coming from the government which will decide what you are and aren't allowed to say on social media and elsewhere, including people like us here on Sky and using in the newspapers and wherever you know, because someone else, a bureaucrat at AKMA, the communications and media authority, gets to decide what is true and what isn't And if you can stop something being reported on social media about something that's happening as a school, I mean, for heaven's sake, When I was a newspaper reporter, I used to write stories about schools all the time, and sometimes there were stories about things, stupid things that were happening at schools. It starts with, oh, well, we don't want that posted on social media, and then it becomes we don't want that printed in the newspaper, we don't want it talked about on television, don't believe it won't happen. Let's move on to a piece of research that has come out of Amsterdam. Some Dutch researchers have released a study in the peer reviewed BMJ Public Health Journal which looks into excess deaths post COVID and what they have come up with is that it is legitimate and we should be asking the question about whether COVID vaccines have been involved in a market increase in excess deaths. If you have a look at this graph here and this is for New Zealand and Australia, it shows you the number of excess deaths. Excess deaths of course being deaths that we do not expect or are not accounted for, shouldn't happen. You can see the numbers there before COVID. Then you get to twenty twenty twenty twenty one and they're still reasonably low. Then you have a massive explosion in twenty twenty two twenty twenty three. The researchers said this is unprecedented and raises serious concerns. During the pandemic, it was emphasized by politicians and the media on a daily basis every COVID nineteen death mattered and every life deserved protection through containment measures and COVID nineteen vaccines. In the aftermath of the pandemic, the same morale should apply. Every death needs to be acknowledged and accounted for, irrespective of its origin. Transparency towards potential lethal drivers is warranted. They also said that simultaneous onset of excess mortality and COVID nineteen vaccination in Germany provides a safety signal warranting further investigation. And it is staggering, Liz that the lack of curiosity that some people have had, and the researchers aren't suggesting that the vax is the reason for excess mortality. They're simply saying it's worth looking into. That's the point of science.
Speaker 4: Indeed, in sentative a bit tied four times last year to get an inquiry into our excess mortality. As of December twenty two, it was thirteen percent, which was unprecedented since World War II, in which case it wasn't a mystery.
Speaker 1: We knew why people were dying.
Speaker 4: But this research, which also says quote regarding previous research that has been done quote confirmed, they confirmed profound under reporting of adverse events, including deaths after immunization i e.
Speaker 1: After people had gotten this particular jab.
Speaker 4: It needs looking into. Our government's been dragging their feet. We finally have got an inquiry thanks to the persistence of Senator Babbett, and we'll be hearing from that end of August.
Speaker 3: A lot of other reasons. There's very quick, but there heaps of other reasons why their excess deaths we already know about as a result of COVID measures, including things like people not being able to or seeking out many.
Speaker 1: Government.
Speaker 4: The government, by the way, has come out very strongly saying there is there is no there is no evidence, there's no.
Speaker 1: There's no connection.
Speaker 4: Here, but at the same time admitting they don't know why we have this massive excess death rates. So common sense tells someone like me, you can't say you don't know what's causing it while saying but this is definitely not causatately.
Speaker 2: And that's why it's worthy of investigation. As you noted, the Department of Health has denied that there is any evidential link between these things, and the TGA has backed them up on that, and of course they still recommend that the vaccine is your best recommendation, your best protection against COVID. But these things are worth investigating, and that's exactly what the scientists have said. Coming up after the break, we'll get into the papers, including a Captain Cook statue down in Tasmania, which, much like others across the country, is now apparently for the chop don't go away. Let's get into the papers, starting with the Advertiser tomorrow. The Splash reads bandits dying wish at the same time, the public Prosecutor was attempting to expedite the trial of accused Barkie Banded kim Alan Parsons essay Health has granted his wish to take his own life. He has terminal cancer and an anonymous source top the Advertiser that they were disgusted someone facing trial had been approved to partake in the States Voluntary assisted dying program. They said, if he uses VAD it won't be fair. Where is the justice? And it reminds me of another case out of South Australia last year. Were a bloke by the name of Malcolm Winston Day. He was a convicted pedophile, eighty one years old. He's in jail. He had a terminal illness. He'd abused to students in the nineteen eighties, so he's got the terminal illness. He goes off and asks for the ability to off himself and he was given the right to do so. And I wrote at the time in the Advertiser, you know when you go off to prison and noting that this bloke is accused, he hasn't been convicted of anything, mister Parsons, that is, but you know, a convicted pedophile sitting in prison does not have the same rights as everyone else. That's why he is in prison. And the Health Minister Chris Pickton said, well, you know a isn't it has as much right to voluntary your sister die as anyone else. I don't think he does, and I would have thought that in a case like this the prosecution would try to get some sort of injunction to stop someone who is facing trial to be able to have themselves killed.
Speaker 3: This is where my inner Catholic comes out, because it is just such a moral can of worms, as such a Pandora's box, and there's a huge number of things that immediately spring to mind. One is how many people, again, facing these huge sentences or knowing that they're going to jail for the rest of their lives, would instead decide, all right, I'm going to access euthanasia voluntary sist to die. We know that it's probably only a matter of time before it extends to people with mental health issues, and it really does terribly I'm terribly, terribly depressed. Therefore, can you please do that? And then not only that, how long is it going to be before people start to say, well, you know what the cost of locking you up for the next twenty years is pretty big bit of we'll give you a choice. You can take the needle or the twenty years in jail. And again this is where the minute you put a kind of the minute you put death on the table and particularly a very secure, peaceful guarantee nothing will go wrong death on the table, and say I'm not want to do that, then suddenly you place all these other pressures. And then you've got older people who think, oh, I don't want to be a burden for my daughter who's taking care of me when I know she's so busy doing other stuff. And you know, I don't know, I just worry about it. In theory, I'm kind of all for it, but I just worry about this slow creep to the point where you get all right, how long is it going to be before where you know, like ancient Greece and Socrates is told to go and take a molk in.
Speaker 2: The bath, and Canber as well. The Cambra Times is tomorrow long campaign INDs with tears. Voluntary assisted dying will be available in Canber late next year. After the Act. You're simply exercised to write denied to it for twenty five years and that was, of course because and the NT tried to do it as well, but because they were tear trees, the federal government intervened and prevented them from doing so. But it leaves New South Wales now as the only place in the country that doesn't have assisted suicide.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the dominoes have fallen, the horse has bolted. Those who are many campaign their hearts out to not see this happen. I'd probably be more on their side than anybody else's. We've now coined this phrase of dying with dignity, like getting a state sanctioned jab in your arm and ending your life is Oh, that's a dignified death as opposed to suffering as people always have well if they're unwell at the end of their lives, relishing every last moment with your friends and family. I just think it's a very dangerous path to go down. And we've already seen this slippery slope that was demonized at the beginning of this debate, which is, once you sanctioned death as a legitimate end of suffering, then who gets to decide what's suffering?
Speaker 1: Mental, emotional, except and so on. Us about the Australian.
Speaker 3: Well, just turther to your point. You know I've never I haven't even lived with dignity. You want to die. But I got very excited. But I saw the advertisers front page with bandits dying wish because with my soft short sightedness, I initially thought it's a bands dying wish and I thought, what could this be the end of the Party of Anti Semitism? How's that for? Yes, this is a splash in the os tomorrow. Anthony Albanezi and Peter Darton have united to condemn, political and politically isolate the Greens, accusing the minor party of exploiting the unfolding conflict in Gaza to fuel division and undermine social cohesion, amid growing concerns for the safety of MPs and their staff. Here here these guys are extremists, they're dangerous, they're appalling, and the Greens well, I don't want them to die with dignity. I agree it should be euthanat.
Speaker 2: I agree with all of that, and it's great that the Prime minister's calling them out. But come the next federal election, when it's highly likely that there will be a hung parliament, does given the opportunity to form government. Mister Albanese say the Greens are completely off the table if that's his ticket to forming government.
Speaker 3: I can absolutely guarantee you that Labor is doing everything in its power so that it will not be in a position where it's in minority government Parliament. But it may not be able to do that. But even so, they want to form government with any independence or any parties except for the Greens and the Teals. So they will go to people like Rebecca Sharky, they will go to people like Kata before they go before they touch the Greens or the Teals. That is how much. That is how Labor feels about the Greens. The would rather go to the Cater Australia Party and Bob Cautter himself than do a deal with the Green. It is very different.
Speaker 2: They did that in twenty ten, didn't they. But still, you know, it's no guarantee.
Speaker 3: They went to the Greens with twenty ten they signed a f Colson agreement, but they don't.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm still not convinced that they wouldn't do it again if if it delivers that everyone says the government there is no there's no way that would sign a deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we will believe it when we see it, maybe at the next election. To the front page of the Mercury, now pushed to ban Cook.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is sounding more and more familiar.
Speaker 4: A monument to Captain James Cook on Brunei.
Speaker 8: Is it Bruney Bruney Bruney Island, which was brought down for safety reasons in twenty twenty two, could be permanently removed following a wave of community backlash and concerns that.
Speaker 4: The memorial is quote insensitive end quote two Tasmanian Aboriginal people. So are we supposed to believe that this wave of community backlash because the papers love to refer to this, are you seriously suggesting that the majority of Tasmanians are like, no, do not put this back up on Brunie Island.
Speaker 3: I think this actually goes to the very heart of the problem with people taking upon themselves to tear down statues, or indeed, in this case, authority is preemptively tearing them down to appeace community concerns, because of course, once they're down and they can't come back, because just as you wouldn't put up the statue of Captain Cook today when you're putting it back. It seems like a more aggressive activist leaving it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, prove it, as I've seen many times before. The bloke was dead before the first fleet rocked up. Anyway, after the break, a drag queen asked pro Palestinian protesters what would happen to them overseas? You see the answer sin what happens when a drag queen asks a pro Palestinian activist what would happen to gay people in Ghazal?
Speaker 4: But this was a conservative drag queen Caleb asking a queer for Palestine, and this was just round one.
Speaker 9: Would you say your pro Palestine or pro Israel?
Speaker 1: Pro Palestine?
Speaker 9: As a game man, I would be punished and or put in prisoner killed if I were opening the gain in Palestine. How do you react to that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 9: So it is illegal to be gay in Palestine. You are punished by prison or dad Israel. No Israel has gay pride. Israel is completely open to lesbian and gay people. Palestine puts them in prison or kills them. You were you weren't aware of that?
Speaker 7: I was not aware of that.
Speaker 1: No, So who do you support now? Israeli Palestine.
Speaker 2: Isn't it great when you just watched them in real time? Those cogs going over there in their head going oh my god, I have buggered this up so badly. Because of course, Israel is renowned as one of the safest places in the world.
Speaker 3: I've been there, I've partied in Tel Aviv. That that that country nice. All the guy clubs of Israel, a lot of Tel Aviv. I don't know if you've ever been at Tel Aviv is imagine if Bondi was a whole city that's Tellviv. It's like it's like Bondai Beach times ten, and everyone is just like super hot and super bath and supercart and yeah, it's very gay city. It's awesome. It was slightly less gay when I was there, because obviously, I'm what year was this, two and twenty two.
Speaker 2: I think it was Joe was bringing up the numbers for.
Speaker 3: Busting and moves on the beach. Strangely, it seemed to clear pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, funny about that, and they're not going to get him to bust any moves here very quickly before we go. A remote Amazonian tribe, two thousand of them, the manbo tribe in Brazil. In Brazil, Sorry, they got hooked up nine months ago to the Internet thanks to Elon Musk's starlink, and it turns out since then that they have become hooked on pornography and they're getting lazy. One of the tribe leaders said, quote, they've learned the ways of the white people, and now the men of the town don't want to do anything. They all layers around. It is the greatest example ever of what danger the internet has wrought upon USh. We're talking about Ai earlier in the show. These people over in the Amazon, they don't want I find.
Speaker 1: This unspeakably sad. I find this incredibly heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: There is literally no quantifying the devastation pornography has wrought on our culture and the relationship between men and women.
Speaker 1: Across the border as a result.
Speaker 4: And to know that these guys, untouched, pure beautiful people have invited.
Speaker 1: This perversions into their culture.
Speaker 2: They Broughton, but that's the world we now live in. Up next to a panisheet Panish show, I should say good night