Speaker 1: When I get reincarnated, I want to come back as Jonathan Thurston.
Speaker 2: Just so I can laugh like that.
Speaker 3: Laugh is amazing. It is so amazing.
Speaker 4: Lucky enough to interview him, and we worked out at ten News first that we might have an NRL team by the year twenty thirty two.
Speaker 1: And if JT's coaching them all for it?
Speaker 2: How good stuff.
Speaker 4: You alerted me to a new trend in or maybe a new law in regards to photoshopping in France, wasn't it? So basically you have to declare if you filter your photos.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a little sign that will come up saying this is a filtered photo. I love this. And you've got young girls coming through. Yeah, I look at social media now going this is so damaging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not good, is it? And this is the first generation coming through, so we'll really see the impact later as to what impact it's had.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Spread on about that.
Speaker 1: Hamish Blake as well joined us ahead of the Lego Master's big premiere coming up.
Speaker 3: Got a weird and giggly, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Really didn't handle myself what the kids would say in a really cool manner?
Speaker 3: Did I, Oh, you didn't.
Speaker 1: When you go into these things going just be cool, just relaxed, and all of a sudden you're like, oh, hello, Hobish Blake. My name is Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 2: How are you good? Thanks? How are you?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: That's what I did a little bit.
Speaker 3: It was awkward to it.
Speaker 2: He's pretty cool, he's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got a family puppet.
Speaker 1: He's got a public called Smarty Yeah, which basically goes everywhere. So that creative and that cool when you've got your own family puppet. Yeah, I'm trying to do that. I'm not sure that smart. He's got the same vibe if it was in my hand or we had a.
Speaker 3: Connection, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you schnitting me? And played a nice little version of that as well. Two stories, one truth, one lie.
Speaker 3: One of us was telling a porcy pipe. No.
Speaker 4: Well, everyone thinks like when I say I did this stupid thing, everyone calls and goes, yeah, she'd do that.
Speaker 2: It sounds about right.
Speaker 3: It sounds right up.
Speaker 2: Actually, bit of a slap in the face, and you're like, no, I'm actually joking.
Speaker 3: It's not good for my self esteem.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: We'll deal with that after this Okay, Okay, highlight friends.
Speaker 2: One hundred and forty degrees news good.
Speaker 3: I just want to crawl into a hole and never come back out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now you come out of that hole and explain yourself.
Speaker 4: Absolute anarchy behind the scenes is what I'm trying to say at the moment. So what's just happened is Abby's done the news and she said it was one hundred and forty degrees across Adelaide, and then she neglected to turn her MinC off and has let out the biggest f you've ever heard in your life. All right, And so what we can do in the radio business is dump it. So it didn't go to air because there's a little delay, thank goodness, So we don't have to apologize on Abby's behalf for anyone who.
Speaker 3: Heard the air form. Yeah, so we're hoping it didn't go where.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway, let's play it back.
Speaker 5: Checking over weather shower or two and twenty one the top, it's one hundred and forty and Elizabeth, sorry, it's fourteen and Elizabeth on Adelaide's over nine one nine.
Speaker 2: It's callum here. If you're in the market for a.
Speaker 1: Year, and that was you, So just to paint a bit of a scene behind the scenes and we're wavy mic off to turn your mic off. And that was my dump day boot. Yes, I've never dumped anything before.
Speaker 2: In my life.
Speaker 5: That was my dump debut. Up in Cans. My boss used to say, Abby's going to swear on it. Abby's going to swear on it. It's going to happen. It's going to happen. And they had they were taking bets as to when it was going to happen. So that's never happened to me either. I just want to apologize to the people of Elizabeth. You're not going to die today with one hundred and point degrees.
Speaker 3: It's only fourteen.
Speaker 5: Degrees at the moment, and I am so sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, chaotic scenes, little dump day boo.
Speaker 2: Very good for all of.
Speaker 3: Us for good work, Abs.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 3: It just humanizes you, shows that you're like the rest of it.
Speaker 5: I like to think after six yeares you know I'm getting this. I think I'm starting to get this. But clearly God no.
Speaker 2: Plenty waterc the holiday.
Speaker 4: Accommodation more comfy than your cozies. Jump on the waterfat with.
Speaker 2: Hotels, holiday rentals, holiday parks and more. Find the perfect fit for holiday youth.
Speaker 3: Bookie get Away on the Waterfat.
Speaker 2: What if It's Aussie for travel? The bigest ranking story this Townhouse.
Speaker 7: This is huge, This is so crasy.
Speaker 4: Joes Well, Sunday's reunion dinner party is going to dish up an explosive sexting saga involving two cast members from Maps I Reckon.
Speaker 3: This was touted very early on in the season.
Speaker 4: This Little Dalion's So After brutally dumping her FIFO worker husband Cam Woods. On Monday's Vinyl Vowels, Lindall Grace has revealed that her ex and intrude to bride Taylor have been exchanging photos, explicit photos. This is the promo for Sunday.
Speaker 1: I have heard about Camp and one of the girls in the experiment.
Speaker 3: They've been sexting.
Speaker 6: It just makes everything feel like a bum.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's your boy, Johnny boy.
Speaker 2: John and the things that he has to deal with.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean he's a professional, trained psychologist, but even he's you know.
Speaker 2: Even he has a limit exactly does he?
Speaker 4: You're familiar with celest Barber's work, Yes, yes, I love her.
Speaker 3: She's so funny.
Speaker 4: She's about to hit the small screen on Netflix to an audience of two hundred and thirty million people. She's about to start in a comedy called well Mania, and it's adapted from a book that explores the world of wellness, from colonics and microdosing to green juice and cupping as well.
Speaker 3: Here's the promo.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get so well that I'm going to smash that stupid medical I'm going to get back to New York and I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to be the best TV judge of the world's ever seen.
Speaker 2: Watch me?
Speaker 3: Can I please stop? It's horrible.
Speaker 2: I jogged for the first time. What she looked me? By truck?
Speaker 4: She is very good and Daniel Johns is a shop finals for the Song of the Year at the twenty twenty three Apro Music Awards, joining Rising rock stars King Stingray, Julia Jacquelin, Flume, and the late Archie Roach for the coverted Songwriter's Price. Did I pronounce all those people correctly?
Speaker 2: I think so. There's a few interesting names and there wasn't that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's for this song called I Feel Electric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, I just wonder, do you wonder if I just sort of say that little fella down there and play this instead.
Speaker 2: This was Daniel Jonathan's silver chair. This is prime.
Speaker 1: This actually wasn't even their prime. Yeah, this was the moment after their prime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, frock Stamp was their prime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is yeah, it is believable stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh good, He's had some troubles, hasn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look he's got a he's got a bit of a story to tell. Yeah, but can we just enjoy this moment?
Speaker 3: Thank Jay? Going then, So I did a story for ten years.
Speaker 4: First, yesterday the NRL Legends came to town to launch the State of Origin. So they're playing In case you didn't realize, they're playing game one here. I think on May thirty first they reckon it's going to be a sellout, hazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah it should be too, It should be a sellout wherever it goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like it's this the duel in the Crown for the NRL.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: And what I also didn't realize, they're looking to expand the competition. So obviously the Dolphins have just joined from the Gold Coast, but they've got three more spots by twenty thirty two, so there is every chance that Adelaide could have an NRL team.
Speaker 2: So it's an auditioning process basically. Wow, So you know what.
Speaker 1: We don't know about the NRL versus what we're used to with the AFL. We're talking, Oh, what's the big news in the AFL this week? Ryan Burt's out for two weeks for.
Speaker 2: A sling tackle. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The NRL boys do it just different unique, can't they?
Speaker 2: Can we go back to the just a bit of a trip down memory lane?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can we go back to the early nineties when Brent Todd signed for the Gold Coast Brent, Yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Wrap your ears around this.
Speaker 1: He actually said this at Oppressor when asked why he'd signed on with the Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And our boys do things just a little bit differently. And you want a team here?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, I tell you who was impressive yesterday. Just a young kid called Jonathan Thurston.
Speaker 2: Best laugh if you're the Australian.
Speaker 4: Sport got the best laugh in the world. I asked a question during the pressor. His answer wasn't that interesting, but he laughed after it.
Speaker 3: But he was so nice.
Speaker 4: So we did the interview and then he thanked me and then before he left he came up and shook my hand and thanked me again. I was like, you're a legend of your sport, like, and you're so grounded and so humble, and he's a really good example for people.
Speaker 2: I think, great representative for the NRL.
Speaker 4: But the other thing that happened yesterday, and this will mate your laugh because it was a frequent occurrence. Yesterday I did a live cross into the news so it went around the country. So at midday finished the live cross and there are all these NRAL little kids there yesterday and one of hawks past me and.
Speaker 3: He goes, hey, like, oh, get a mate. He goes, you got lipstick on your tea.
Speaker 2: You built a time machine.
Speaker 7: On this.
Speaker 2: Get in.
Speaker 3: So creepy.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going for a trip down memory lane. You want to jump in?
Speaker 3: I would like to, but I'd like a nicer invitation. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Get In.
Speaker 1: Thursday, the thirtieth of March. Let's go back to nineteen sixty eight. Selein Dion born in Shahn, Canada. Sorry, whereabout Man, Canada. Let's just go straight for Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's her fifty fifth birthday.
Speaker 3: Fifty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, released a song lately hashue No.
Speaker 1: It's probably been a while. Yeah, but some of her bangers from back in the day. You probably don't need to. I think that was Rihanna definitely. Eighteen sixty seven, United States purchased Alaska from Russia.
Speaker 2: For seven point two million dollars. The Alaska purchase has since been reinterpreted as one of President Andrew Johnson's greatest achievements. Cash or credit? Thanks? Do you want that on Payway? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can I can? I just like late Night jump online and purchase a country?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A couple that on layby?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thank thanks, Here's Alaska.
Speaker 3: I'll pick her up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You're a bag with that two thousand.
Speaker 1: Richard Branson is knighted by Charles, Prince of Wales for services to entrepreneurship at Buckingham Palace in London.
Speaker 2: We once put out a record called God Save the Queen by the sax Pistols. I was slightly nervous.
Speaker 6: If she'd remembered the words on the record, it would have been a slave of the head rather than that tap on the shoulder.
Speaker 2: But she They gave us anyway, good stuff, guys. Yeah. Twenty twenty two, and this was very sad.
Speaker 1: Rock band Food Fighters canceled their world tour after the unexpected death of their drummer, Tyler Hawkins. The band announced his death on their social media channels, saying the fifty year old's musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on forever. That was a shock to the music industry, into the entertainment industry as a whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really really sad stuff.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty two, starting memorial service held for Astrained Cuit in Great Shame Warner Melbourne Creek Ground, attended by fifty thousand people.
Speaker 2: We've had a final toast, so the Shame war.
Speaker 1: I still have thought. It's now where you can't really get your head around the fact that chain.
Speaker 4: Once he's one of those ones where you think, oh my gosh, I cannot believe that he's no longer with us.
Speaker 3: He was so larger than life, like lit up a room.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I'm gonna do this. A couple of sad facts there. Can we bring it back up?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can we play usher love in this club?
Speaker 3: Of course we can.
Speaker 1: Because you know I want to make love in this club? Another one song. On March thirty in two thousand and eight, a little interesting article popped up in my inbox this morning. Jodie, I make out like I'm some sort of important guy that gets send information or scrollingnews dot com and I saw it. That's what actually happened, but I found it quite interesting. Influencers in France could soon be banned from promoting cosmetic surgery on social media, with the government set to make it mandatory as well for them to label.
Speaker 2: Filtered images right.
Speaker 1: So, under the potential new law, a photo or video that's filtered or retouched must be declared. So while all promotion for cosmetic surgery is part of a paid partnership will be prohibited, gambling or cryptocancy paid partnerships will also be banned. So the government is seeking to limit the destructive psychological effects the practices have on social media users.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good, It's really really good. Because even I've been sucked in, I'd go through the whole. I don't really care. I don't subscribe to what's going on Instagram, but even I flick through people's pages and go, oh my god, look at their life.
Speaker 2: How good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I can guarantee you it's never as good as it seems online. But there is a real I think this generation coming through my generation. My girls are going to be the first ones that have been fully exposed to this social media and it really concerns me because it's that whole comparison thing, feeling not good enough.
Speaker 3: I don't think Instagram is good for your self esteem.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I definitely subscribe to this. If you've got to be transparent. Hey, this isn't how I actually look. This has been filtered, this has been tampered with, and I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Eleven nine and three, yea, your three of your girls are? Are they on social media?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: No, really, even the eleven year old.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I want to keep them off it for as long as humanly possible. I think the only thing they've got is that Facebook messenger, which I can monitor anyway.
Speaker 3: It all comes through me.
Speaker 4: But no, I don't want them on social media because I don't want them to be exposed to that and to have to feel bad about themselves. Like I want them to go out and play and be on the trampoline and play netball and play sport and do all those things.
Speaker 2: Really pushing the netball card. But we did this.
Speaker 1: We had a little chat the other day for a little school conference, and it was unbelievable. One of the questions was I think you asked the questions crowd of hundreds of kids, hands up if you've been bullied or someone said something mean to you online? Ninety five percent of kids put the horrible horrible. Absolutely, it was really really overwhelming.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot, isn't it.
Speaker 4: But I have to say my nine year old she will sometimes sometime times jump on her dad's Instagram, and.
Speaker 3: She started following because she loves dance.
Speaker 4: So she's you know, he'll be scrolling through and there's like Mayor Ninja dancer, Like there are so many photos of little girls in left on my husband's Instagram, and he's like, God, if anyone ever saw this, they would think of an absolutely creep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watch happy Greg. That's that's an AFL sign. But here's a police sign. You're in big trouble. Famous Blakey Hamish Hams.
Speaker 4: Blake Well, Hazy, I know you've got a real Lego issue in your household at the moment, so I've gone straight to the top shelf. The King of the Lego Homish Blake from Lego Masters, joins us.
Speaker 3: Now, good morning, Hamish.
Speaker 6: Here for an invention how are you going?
Speaker 2: Very well? Hey, can I just go straight to the top shelf with you? Hamish?
Speaker 1: We're a very very stubborn state here in South Australia. You are the face lego confirm for this great state. Lego and not lego.
Speaker 6: I am sorry to admit to all of South Australia. In Denmark they say lego, and that is where it was invented.
Speaker 3: Thank you there me go.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, I'm still having to take sabastraight side.
Speaker 4: Now, Hamish Hazy has got a massive problem in his house with his child.
Speaker 3: And leaving little blocks around the house.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. It just just the other day.
Speaker 1: He's four years old, Hamish, and he sort of ran through the house and he fell over and it was almost like a soccer player. He would have made a soccer player blush like. He grabbed the foot, screamed and streamed me over and then in the bottom of his foot hadn't pierce of skin, was a tiny piece of lego. I said, this is it, mate, this is what happens if you don't pick up his lego. Because he can sit there and play for hours, but he will not pick it up. So from your voice, can you tell him the police heading.
Speaker 2: What's his name? His name is Henry, Henry mate.
Speaker 6: We do have to figure about Lego. You know, I spent a lot of time telling everyone Lego must have to clean up the brick pit. It's an absolute nightmare. And there we all would do a cat boots. You might have to do the same my home. Just you can't really fight Lego on the floor. It will just always be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I kind of think you just have to start wearing boots at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, steelcat boots around house. That's the option.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kyvie kind of is the only I know, it's not what you wanted to hear. And Henry kind of got out of this stop free. But I just think practically that is the only Well.
Speaker 4: You're going to say, I've just been stalking you on Instagram. Don't be creeped out about that. But you don't the most wonderful thing with your kids, and I like, I try and do it, but just never seem to have the time where you just one on one will take them on an adventure. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 6: It was a little policy.
Speaker 2: It's just sort of.
Speaker 6: Evolved over the last few years. But it's just developed into a little Blake family tradition. We love it.
Speaker 4: I think that's so awesome. And you do a parenting podcast as well. Why did it occur to you to start that? You just wanted to learn more about being a better parent thing.
Speaker 6: All these kids walk around lego and their feet and I was like, something's got to be done here and we've got to do better. I do a podcast. I do know, a podcast called how Other Dad's Dad, which is basically me, to be honest talking to other blokes and meant that I admire. I'm basically trying to steal their fathering skills off them because I don't know if there's a lot out there for dads or I certainly didn't find there was the guys going well, we're all making it up, Mum and Dad's all parents making it up. But I mean there is just a general feeling of like, especially among guys. We don't talk about that much, but you do generally look at other guys and go, what are they doing? I wonder if I'll do that, So I just want to I'd formalize the feelings by making it a podcast.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 1: We're looking forward to this Lego Master's Grand Master's premiere on Monday, April tenth, biggest season yet Channel nine and nine.
Speaker 2: Now, what are we expecting?
Speaker 6: The great thing about the resting of better season as we are now at the point in Lego Master's evolution where you can do Grand Masters, we can get back past winners, past champions, past finalists and so, I mean, I know television promos say this every year, but this really really are the greatest of all time on this season. So it has been so much fun to make this season. It's a ripper.
Speaker 4: Just very quickly before we let you go, just a bit more on your Instagram. I've just seen that you've got a family puppet called Smarty.
Speaker 6: What good guy. My wife has got the biggest stand of SMARTI but both cheeky fellas. He can be pretty edgy at the time, but that's because so isn't the greatest fan of him. He does take a few liberties. But the kids, the kids, Smarty has been a much loved part of the family, especially my daughter. And my daughter and Smarty have a very strong bond. So Marty would sometimes come to school tading to school. So it doesn't like when I drive with smarty on and it's probably illegal.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 6: Focus on that too much. And the kids. I love that when Sarti has a go at drive just out of the driveway and then Sney has.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Iris Flake, thank you so much for having a chat with us this morning.
Speaker 3: And I want to get a family puppet now.
Speaker 6: I mean, if only started was here.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that moment Jordan Dawson kicked a goal after the siren to seal it for the Crows.
Speaker 2: What's it going in? He was almost going out of the four.
Speaker 3: And then all of a sudden she veered back, didn't she?
Speaker 2: Just ridiculous stuff crazy.
Speaker 4: This is a very simple process. Two fans competing against each other, one Port, one Crows. The Crows contestant will be answering a Port question and the Port contestant will be answering a Crow's question.
Speaker 3: Best out of five wins.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: Let me introduce you Jody Carmen, who was a massive Port supporter.
Speaker 2: Good morning to you, Carmen.
Speaker 4: Hello Carmen, God morning, Go on the pair.
Speaker 2: That's what we like.
Speaker 3: That's it. And we've got a Crows fan here.
Speaker 4: Daniel Morson makes hey, Daniel ged a right, Oh you guys aware of how this works.
Speaker 3: You're best of five. Good luck both of you.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start with you, Carmen, because you're a Port fan, but you're very very worldly, so you're all over Crows knowledge, aren't you? No?
Speaker 6: No idea?
Speaker 2: Well let's do it anyway. All right? What are the official colors of the Adelaide Crow's Football Club?
Speaker 9: I think you'll get this one, Karment blue, red and yellow.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? Technically? It's cold?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 2: Take it that good start there, Carmen. Very good from you. One Zip's time for you.
Speaker 1: To respond, now, Daniel, what are the official colors of the Port Adelaide Football Club?
Speaker 2: Still white and black?
Speaker 3: One all?
Speaker 2: We're flying through this. Okay, back to you, Carmen.
Speaker 1: Four players have played over three hundred games for the Adelaide Crows. You just need to name two of them.
Speaker 9: Okay, two players, all right? Taylor Walker, No, but keep going, Mark Rastudo yep, Rory's playing.
Speaker 3: Buzz out please? Yeah, Marktrudo was one of them.
Speaker 1: Mart Ratchudo was one of them? You say, Tyson Edwards been hearts and Andrew mclapp.
Speaker 3: So one all allright, which means that our Crows fan Daniel could win it with this.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Daniel, this is a big opportunity to win the tickets and their hands to I thought we said a double.
Speaker 2: There's no more doubles left.
Speaker 1: Port Adlaide joined the AFL in nineteen ninety seven, who captained the club that year.
Speaker 3: This is for the tickets.
Speaker 2: I know, I bet you.
Speaker 3: Comment doesn't work that way.
Speaker 5: Oh I want to say, Lauren trad drave and I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: No, do you take?
Speaker 2: Okay, you've got three two.
Speaker 6: One, Thank you for giving me the.
Speaker 2: All right, what does this mean we're going on a tiebreaker?
Speaker 3: It does mean a time breaker.
Speaker 1: Okay, So for this, guys, what we're going to do is it's going to be your names as your bars do.
Speaker 2: We need to practice.
Speaker 1: So Carmen, you just hear like Carmen, And for Daniel, you just year that Daniel, Daniel.
Speaker 2: Bang.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: We're on this.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, first question, where will the first AFL gather around be held?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Daniel, what the comments.
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: Good stuff?
Speaker 1: Well done, congratulations there, Daniel, beautiful good stuff.
Speaker 2: And Carmen, thank you so much for playing.
Speaker 1: Thank you at least have an Unfortunately you came yesterday.
Speaker 2: We got in trouble and now we're really at the limit.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow morning, your final double to head off the showdown fifty three, twenty five, twenty seven Favorite Report. Yes, one more opportunity to score a double, and bear in mind there's no more doubles left.
Speaker 2: It's just singles. If you're trying to buy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, coming up just after the news with Abby in the newsroom, a bit of are you sating me?
Speaker 3: Action?
Speaker 1: Yea forward to that's portaging the cruises of Saturday n Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Ople tickets are limited.
Speaker 1: Book tickets now port Adelaide FC dot com dot au. I love there's two stories. What happens to someone tells the truth, someone tells a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a baulky pie. Yes, he's got to identify who's doing.
Speaker 3: What would you like to go first?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: If you know minds.
Speaker 1: It's what we discovered across this journey is I don't think you're great at lying, Like it's just it's not a natural thing for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot and like I am.
Speaker 1: Just sort of feels like the more detail, the better, you know what I mean? All Right, So let me take you back to nineteen ninety seven, twelve years old and I'm not actually even sure if I've told the story before, because I tell the story that many times after a couple of brakowskis, but it sort of just merges into real life. Okay, It's like, did I just embellish and say that on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Night or have I done it on radio? AnyWho?
Speaker 1: Here it goes twelve years old and Ye're six, and i'd just been named to play footy for the new South Wales team.
Speaker 2: Big deal, massive deal for me.
Speaker 1: Anyway, when I was at school and I don't know what was happening, but so I've got a cut on my elbow right knocked it in the urinal a Beckham Primary school. Anyway, I didn't think anything of it. About a week later, gets a little bit sore. A couple of weeks ago by it's really really sore. Three weeks go by and it's like properly inflamed, like it is properly infected right on.
Speaker 2: The point of my elbow.
Speaker 1: So I imagine this and while this is all happening, we're training to go to it was in Brisbane or something, which was a big deal for us at the time, and I have gone to the doctor because it's getting to the point where I can hardly move it.
Speaker 2: It's getting that sort of puffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the doctor says to me, Look, it's an infection and it's almost beyond the point of control. You're going to take these pills and potentially we're going to put you on a drip. But it's sitting right now on the bone, and if it goes any further, we're going to have to amputate your arm.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So can you imagine saying that. Can you imagine saying that to a twelve year old, Oh my god? Where he genuinely sat there and said to me, We're going to have to wait and see what happens, but if it goes any further, we're gonna have to take your arm.
Speaker 4: And your little brain would have gone, oh god, I'm gonna lose my arm.
Speaker 3: That means I can't play footy for New South Wales.
Speaker 2: Exactly right.
Speaker 1: And also at the time I still wasn't know enough to realize the importance of it being my right arm.
Speaker 2: But that's a different story. That's neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: Almost lost my arm, Jodes, and dealing with that information was absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 7: Your turn, Oh dear, I had a situation in my car whereby it's a diesel and so we took a.
Speaker 3: Family road trip to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Got halfway there to about Bordertown, and we stopped to get petrol and I unfortunately forgot the fact that I had a diesel car and I put actual petrol in it. So the entire family in the car stuck in Bordertown because you have to call it like you can't drive it. Once you do that, they have to come and tow it away and drain it. So we had to spend the night in Bordertown, called the raa called tow truck and had to get it towed all the way back to Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Hang on, so you didn't drive off, you realized.
Speaker 3: As you've done it, I'd realized as I've done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then it can be saved, yes, because once you drive off and it gets through into the engine, then it's completely buggain correct.
Speaker 4: Wow, And it costs thousands upon thousands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put a Prime and energy drink in my car. Turned into an absolute brat. Oh kay. I think it's two fairly believable stories right there.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten. Who is schnitting you right now?
Speaker 1: All right, one hundred dollars snit house voucher up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Let's recap.
Speaker 4: Yep. So I told the story about the time that we were doing a road trip to Melbourne with the family and I filled my car up at border Town, my diesel car up with petrol, and so we were stranded to get the tow truck to come and toll it all the way back to Adelaide.
Speaker 2: You feel so silly, don't you.
Speaker 3: Like the simple error to make?
Speaker 4: However, when you make it, there's some real repercussions, isn't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what sort of feedback did you get? Oh? Not great, You'll be ok.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, guys an adventure. We get to stay in border Town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get to have sausage rolls for dinner. That's when I was twelve years old, got a little cut of my elbow go and effected because I've bashed it against the.
Speaker 2: Urinal at primary school.
Speaker 1: It got affected so much so that I got told by doctor in Aubrey that if it went any further the infection, then I'd have to lose my arm. Just to add a little bit more to that story, I wasn't actually at home and I got told that information, right, dr Uby told me that. And then I'm staying with a friend in Brocklesby, so and I didn't tell Mum and Dad, so I thought they already knew.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting.
Speaker 1: There in effectively austranger's house dealing with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, outrageous.
Speaker 3: Who would have thought a urinary cut would get infected? Urinary?
Speaker 2: Did I mean that a urinary cut? Wow? Specific specific type of cuts has its own heading. Hey, Carry, good morning to you, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning guy, Good morning Carrie. Who's snitting you right now?
Speaker 10: I think that Hazy is flying and you're telling the truth. Unfortunately, I think it's something you would do. I mean, it's not falling into a close horse, but it sounds like.
Speaker 2: Isn't that outrageous thought?
Speaker 4: That is something that my husband has done this week, falling into a close horse and gotten trapped. Carry, Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Speaker 3: However, I did not do that. My friend did it, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Sorry she misses out on the.
Speaker 2: Sorry Carry, Thank you so much for playing no.
Speaker 10: Problems at all, guys, And.
Speaker 4: The key takeaway here is just look after your urinary cuts.
Speaker 2: Stars exactly right, mam, sure you do.
Speaker 1: Stop playing around the urinals, and for goodness sake, put band aids on your elbows and stop elbowing urinals. If you take anything away from this morning, take that please absolutely were not you and she did. Australia serves a bestion needs was made fresh, Ali but authentic, Golden Classic or Celia friendly based breadcrumbs, Hilton, Golden Grove and o'hileerin.
Speaker 2: He'll it's Jodi and Hazy. Good morning. What a big show it's been.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you know we've nearly made it to April without anyone dropping an F bomb. Yeah, good old Abs in the newsroom has gone well, I'll fix that.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised she didn't do it earlier, so.
Speaker 4: True, and I also would have had my money on you just wear on it before Abby Fantasy.
Speaker 3: Went and shocked us all here.
Speaker 5: I am just delivering the goods on a Thursday like.
Speaker 1: A jack in the box, good fun, throwing sorry playing it showdown, throwdown.
Speaker 2: So we go do that again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Next chance will win a little double So if your poor friend as world, by the way, more chances get the show down After nine am today with Matte in DC guarantee you access the showdown with Portoalo membership, three game memberships for just one hundred.
Speaker 4: Dollars Yes, and your last chance for first class in fifty k as well.
Speaker 3: That will be drawn tomorrow.
Speaker 4: A Rautzio Fantasia is going to join us on the show and ask us anything makes us return.
Speaker 3: If you want to get involved in that breakfast at over nine one nine dot com.
Speaker 1: Dot you and we may have a little chat with the boys from Peaking Duck on that for the first time since twenty nineteen, the biggest two ever Peeking Dark. I'm going to bring their headline show to Adelaide, Harley Street Musical that will be loose.
Speaker 3: Let's catch up with them then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Friday thirty, first of March. Tickets and more. Infomostiics dot com dot are you.
Speaker 2: We are out of here?
Speaker 4: Can you just put a page out to the building for a bar of soap to the newsroom plays barrosap, What's happen