Speaker 1: On Scorne Little's ostrodio. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Anne, Welcome to the readA Panny Show. Coming up tonight. Labor intensifies his attacks against Peter Duvin.
Speaker 3: Spooked by bad coles and the NT drumming, an AFL coach chases.
Speaker 2: Down an alleged cart thief and makes a citizens arrest.
Speaker 3: We discuss that with Patrick Carline.
Speaker 2: Josh Hammer will tell us why another high profile former Democrat.
Speaker 3: Is endorsing Trump.
Speaker 2: Kinseysco filled with the latest celebrity and world news, including why Prince Harry is being likened to Tiger Woods and a star studded Left is losing it featuring Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 4: It's a mad dash and she is running and she's not stopping to film stumble and you know what, and there's nothing among the stopping this. I'm going to vook for anyway, no matter what she says in a stupard er.
Speaker 2: Joining me now as senior writer for news called Patrick Carly and Patrick, Let's start with the gars of visa issue. The latest Essential poll for the leftist Guardian publication reveals the more voters behind Peter Dutton's call to Paul's visas for Palestinians then are opposed to it. According to this pole, forty four percent say they back the opposition leader, thirty percent oppose him and twenty six percent are undecided.
Speaker 3: Guardian writers say this result.
Speaker 2: Suggests this retric is politically profitable. I'd confidently say the real figure is closed to seventy to eighty percent.
Speaker 3: Patrick.
Speaker 2: This is the essential poll for the Guardian, and I think perhaps some of those undecided, and it was quite a large number there would be reluctant.
Speaker 3: To say they support this policy because so much.
Speaker 2: Of the left, including members of Parliament have characterized Peter Dutton's position as which is such an awful way and a dishonest way to describe the policy.
Speaker 5: Well, when he called for a blanket ban, I think it was Zale Stegel wasn't one of the tears came out and said you are racist, and she doubled down on it. Subsequently, I think what he had to say sort of resonated with a lot of Australians for a very simple reason. Austrange are scared. We've seen the protests since October seventh. We've seen Jewish people feel unsafe in their own country. It has resonated because people want to know that there are better checks, that these people are being vetted carefully. There's been a big discussion about the fact that perhaps they haven't been vetted as closely as they might have been. A strange want to know what's going on.
Speaker 2: And while we doing this alone, we seem to be the only nation who's gone down this path. We look at what other countries are taking in people from that region particularly. It's just a bizarre decision by Ethny Alpineasi and I think it's going to have far reaching consequences now. Treasurer Jim Chalmers has launched another attack against Peter Dutton, accusing the opposition leader of being the most divisive leader of a major party in Australia's modern history. He also told the John Curtin Research Center on Monday, leadership which is destructive and divisive is not really leadership at all.
Speaker 3: And that's what we are seeing from Peter Dutton.
Speaker 2: He divides deliberately, almost pathologically. This is worse than disappointing, it is dangerous. His divisiveness should be disqualifying. Patrick seems the Treasurer and the Albin Easy government in general are I don't know, rattled by the polls, the NT result, by the cost of living crisis, the Gaza issue that is ongoing. The one response they seem to have to all this is just to attack Peter Dutton.
Speaker 5: It's bizarre, isn't it. I think, did we wake up and find ourselves in an election campaign? Why is he talking about Peter Dutton, who's giving a very important economic speech. There's a lot going on economically at the moment, with cost of living, inflation and a dozen other things. I think it shows that the government is actually scared. Why are they talking about Peter Dutton? Why are they trying to call him out? They've they've been seen to dither and to be distracted on so many levels, and Peter Dutton has actually, whether you agree with these policies or not, had a clarity of vision. That is certainly so at odds with the way that the Albanezi government seems to handle these very big issues as they come up. So I find it bizarre that he's talking about it.
Speaker 2: It is it's almost like they're in government, but they're pretending in they're in opposition, so they're just running a negative capaign against Dutton.
Speaker 3: But he's not in power, folks.
Speaker 2: But he did have this to say after this latest attack from charmers.
Speaker 6: If Australians were doing it so well and the economy running as great as Jim Chalmers claims it is, why is he dedicating a speech to me? It seems when you have a look at the Labor Party at the moment you've got Tony Burke saying look at me, You've got Bill short and saying look at me. You've now got Jim Chalmers saying look at me.
Speaker 2: It's hard to argue with that why they hyper focused on him rather than actually there are individual portfolios and we do have a cost of living crisis.
Speaker 3: It's not a minor thing.
Speaker 2: It's touching people from all sorts of demographics.
Speaker 3: And that doesn't seem to be an answer to it. Look just in the short term anyways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Look, there's been a dithering quality to this government all the way through, and a distracted quality too. You look at the voice last year. I mean people were suffering. They couldn't know petrol was going through the road, food was going through the roof. And we're debating this sort of notion of having a two tiered sort of racial society. People got sick of it, and I think Darton really has recognized that people don't want to be talking about distractions. They want to know how their bills are going to come down. They want to understand what policies are going to be put in place, and policies that have by implication, been questioned by the RBA in terms of spending and all the rest. They want to know how it's going to get easier faster.
Speaker 3: Well, this is part of the problem, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We were expecting a bunch of interest rate drops this year and we haven't seen them. Now a leading barrister has explained why she refused to do acknowledgment of country announcements. We discussed this earlier in the year when this became news, but the woman behind the story has now penned a column for the Australian newspaper today explaining her decision.
Speaker 3: She writes, acknowledgments of country are.
Speaker 2: Not about showing respect that our political statements signaling support for a two tiered system based on race, they have no place in the law, including in our courtrooms, and the average Australia instinctively knows this and colleague recently told me that when court commenced with an acknowledgment of country, their client immediately felt the judge would take a view against them and lost any notion of receiving a fair trial. This is what happens when the legal system infects itself with politics.
Speaker 3: Bravo.
Speaker 2: Lana kolaris there, and she also points out Patrick that.
Speaker 3: The term first nations.
Speaker 2: I've talked about this number of times on this program. The term first nations in itself is a political term, and it's designed to push the sovereignty was never seed, it always was, always will be Aboriginal land movement.
Speaker 5: It's very legalistic language, isn't it. And it's not about the heritage or acknowledging the past or a great history. I think a lot of people suspect it's about throwing forward to notions of treaties and then reparations and that sort of thing. And we've seen the acknowledgment of country just growing, as you're talking about, with all these sort of legalistic terms on first nations, and I think people are sick of hearing it so many times. It is it is ridiculous. It is sort of token istick, but at a much deeper level. It really is sort of setting a scene for a search for treaties and for reparations that average people think, hang on, that's not right.
Speaker 2: And I think also sometimes they become very militant depending on who's delivering it. You know, I've heard ones where they talk about it, we're on stolen land, sovereignty was never seeded. They're ones that are a little better than But there's also lines that they always say which have just become like meaningless mantras.
Speaker 3: When you actually break down what is said, and you know, why would you say that? Exactly?
Speaker 2: What does that mean? They don't actually have an answer when you ask someone. It's always interesting when someone I insists on doing a acknowledgment of countries, just to ask them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does that line mean? Why is that there? As opposed to perhaps saying this.
Speaker 5: I had one that went for twenty minutes. Oh wow, yes, a couple of years ago, and there was some wrestling in the audience at that point.
Speaker 3: Oh I could imagine.
Speaker 2: Now, Victorian Treasurer Tim Pallas has announced another new tax, a short term short stay accommodation tax, and yet another hitter for those mum and dad investors. If you own a short stay investment, if you're listing it on Airbnb or other sites, are you're going to be hit with a seven and a half percent tax, and councils will also be given the power to ban short stay accommodation altogether. This is a bit of a variation from what we were told because Dad Andrews said that if you're going to have a tax like this, then the council charges would change. But now everyone's taking their share, well a share of your money.
Speaker 5: I just well, it's a backflip, and it's a symptom of a government that feels so stale and so debt ridden. They will try on anything. No one go backwards on what they've said, just to get more money out of Victorian tax payers. He's sort of got to wonder, why are we paying, why do we have this record debt, Why do we have to have these measures. I think it was John Howard. It was an internal memo that talked about the Howard government I think it was two thousand and two being mean, tricky and out of touch. This is just another example of the Victorian government and how it plays to the Victorian people at the moment. They're desperate and they will go to any length just to screw another dollar.
Speaker 7: Out of it.
Speaker 2: Well, and they're running out of people to screw out of that doll It seems to be property taxes is where they go to. And you've also got things like payroll tax. So people are actually contributing to the economy are being punished.
Speaker 3: And we've got the biggest debt.
Speaker 2: State debt in the country and it's not getting much better. I can understand why Allen was heckled in her own electricity yesterday.
Speaker 3: That was interesting.
Speaker 2: Now before you got to ask you about cart and coach Michael Voss.
Speaker 3: He's been called a.
Speaker 2: Hero today after intervening in a car crash involving two alleged thieves. He sprang into action when the two men or youngsters attempted to flee from an overturned Mercedes outside a coffee shop in Hawthorne. The Blues coach managed to restrain one of the suspects, a sixteen year old, pinning him down until police arrived.
Speaker 3: The other suspect escape. Police later recovered.
Speaker 2: A large knife from the apprehended teenagers' trousers. I think he actually had both of them pinned down for a period, but one managed to get away.
Speaker 5: He did pretty well, didn't he. I mean that's why you'd like to.
Speaker 2: Think that we hold onto his coffee, because the pictures is still holding the coffee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. His football team could play with the same to terminator.
Speaker 2: Yes, it hasn't been a good season for them as but then it hasn't been a good season.
Speaker 3: For your tigers, is true? Yes, Patrick Carline, thank you for your time. Thanks joining me now is esteem.
Speaker 2: Geologist Professor Ian Plymer Will professor. First day came for a gas guzzling cars and air conditioners, Then it was gas cooktops, and now it's refrigerators. The author of a new book called Frostbite, Our Refrigeration changed our food, our planet, and ourselves, wants us to rethink the impact refrigeration is having on the planet. She told her Lefty podcast that the domestic refrigerator was the tip of the iceberg. The abundance that refrigeration has given us has translated into a sort of lack of care, a willingness to waste. The food is so plentiful and so cheap that people would rather go and buy something else, Like, you really don't need to have a tomato in December, and so on and so on. Oh now, professor, what do you make of this? Sid And is this book going to be on your short list for Christmas presents?
Speaker 8: Well, I won't be gifting a book like that. This is just by a middle porn How far are they going to go? I mean this is going down the path the saying you will eat insects, you will eat bugs. Now, as a child, we ate in season food, so you'd have a month of corn, and then a month of chocose, and then a couple of weeks of cabbage. It was a dreadful diet. It had no variability. Our current diet is a very good diet. Because of refrigeration, we can keep food, we can stop wasting huge amounts of food. So this is a city environmentalist who has no idea that actually there are seasons for foods, has no idea that these seasons are fairly short and we can keep these foods and have a balanced diet thanks to refrigeration. Now, if we didn't have a refrigeration, we was able to buy diversity of food, that's what she's saying.
Speaker 2: Well, and we also wouldn't be able to keep meat. So I do wonder whether refrigeration is going to become a bit of a issue for these mad greenies because they don't want us to eat meat, and if we don't have fridges, then you know, meat consumptions probably going to plummet.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Ian Anthony Albanezi and Peter Dutton have been worn by major energy companies that the country's East Coast energy market is facing a perfect storm of high liquefied natural gas prices, underperforming renewable energy sources, coal plant outages, and extreme Whether all of this could of course mean gas shortages, soaring energy bills.
Speaker 3: We've already got those and more.
Speaker 2: Blackouts and again self inflicted because of government inaction and interventions. Pushing renewables is the only way forward. Could we have a situation where our resource rich country runs out of gas or has a severe gas shortage.
Speaker 8: Well, yes, we've already In your state, Victoria, there is an enormous amount of onshore gas in the Otway basin and in the Gippsland basin. I've seen in the Wombat Field, I've seen the flaring of gas from wells. That gas is only a couple of kilometers from major pumping facilities. And major pipelines that gas is not used. We've been told by the Minister in Victoria that there is no gas on shore in Victoria, so that is a lie. In New South Wales, we've got massive gas reserves at Narrabray. These have got quite a bit of carbon dioxide in them, but that can be removed and that's taken decades and we're still not producing gas from there. And in Queensland we've got very extensive gas fields and I declare an interest. I'm the chairman of Senex and the article you refer to was in the Australian and Senex was mentioned there is one of the major gas companies in Queensland. Now in Queensland we have to battle red tape, we have to battle green tape, we have to battle black tape. You then have to battle you end tape, the blue tape, and then you've got goverment inaction, government indecisions, and it takes decades from an idea to actually putting gas into pipelines. This is not a shot that's happened, oh suddenly this winter we've got no gas. This has taken a long while to arise because of government inaction. The inability of governments to actually project that we are going to be needing gas, the inability of governments to actually use common sense, and squeaky wheels making a lot of noise. And these squeaky wheels are forcing governments to look over their shoulder and say, oh, there's three green boats here. They might not vote for us. Let's not make a decision, or let's make a decision. It's going to cost a fortune. So we are seen in Australia a shortage of gas. We have thousands of years of gas in Australia, thousands of years of coal, We've got millions of years of uranium. Yet we've got an energy shortage have come and the reason for that is that we've been subsidizing ruinable energy like wind, like solar, and subsidizing that energy at the expense of tried and proven, reliable, cheap energy like coal. And while we've suppressed our coal generation, the costs have gone up. We still have the bulk of our energy comes from coal the backup, and a large amount of energy comes from gas. We still have more than ninety percent of the energy in Australia comes from fossil fuels. Now the building of all of these monstrosities of solar and wind technological facilities across our farmlands has done nothing. We haven't actually made energy cheaper or more reliable. Today I saw a whole lot of wind turbines up near Borough in South Australia. They weren't turning, so we're not producing electricity. Where does electricity come from. It has to come from coal and it has to come from gas.
Speaker 2: Well, all of that infrastructure has done something. It's made all our bills way more expensive. So we've had an impact, just not the one we were hoping for. Professor Implymer, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me coming out.
Speaker 3: Lefties Losing It and.
Speaker 2: Josh Hammer on the high profile former Democrats back in Trump.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for lefties losing it.
Speaker 3: And here are two lefties.
Speaker 2: Discussing the Kamala strategy of refusing to do any press conferences or even any interviews with friendly media. She's that much of a liability that they can't trust her to sit down for a friendly chat with one of the many Democrat fanboys and girls in the media.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't trouble filmmaker Quentin Tarantino. He's fully on board.
Speaker 4: This is about winning.
Speaker 9: What what Most people don't give the Democrats enough credit for, all right, but we give the Republicans credit for It's like, no, sometimes it's just about winning.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't matter how we look at this moment. It's about winning. This is about winning.
Speaker 7: Yep, no, it is.
Speaker 4: It's up mad dash and she is running and she's not stopping to film stumble and you know what, and there's nothing wrong with stopping this. I'm gonna vote for anyway, no matter what she says in a stupid interview side So don't shut up?
Speaker 2: Oh dear, did he just say the quite bit out loud? Here is another left who is backing the thoroughly inept Kamala, but at least he's calling her out for her reluctance to do an interview or press conference.
Speaker 3: This is Stephen A. Smith.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to my sister here.
Speaker 3: Come on, now, you're writing for the presidency or the United States.
Speaker 10: That make you got my vote?
Speaker 3: You runing for the presidency of the United States of America.
Speaker 10: What you're hiding for.
Speaker 11: And I'm mean hiding and playing sight.
Speaker 3: Somebody got to say it. Somebody got to see it.
Speaker 2: I've been saying that for about three weeks, but nice to see the occasional lefty catching up. Now, let's hear from a transactivist who accuses others of not knowing what gender is.
Speaker 12: Half of you are not sure what gender is, especially transgender. Know the learner said transsextional earlier. That's not the correct term. It's transgender. I'm a transgender woman. Macro pronouns or she heard, and I will only accept those pronouns. I will not be addressed.
Speaker 5: Any other way, and in the workspace I have.
Speaker 12: I'm protected by that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I love this next woman who is pranked by a dude pretending to be a left d See how she reacts when a Harris wall sign is put up on her property.
Speaker 3: Hi, hello, Eric, Hi, I worked for the Harris and Walt's campaign.
Speaker 10: I want to I'm going to leave it there?
Speaker 11: Because no, you're not going to leave it there?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 10: What because I.
Speaker 11: Can't stand them? Do not support tampons and men's bathrooms?
Speaker 2: No, I don't support tampons and men's bathrooms.
Speaker 11: What because tampons are for women? Where are they going to stick it up there?
Speaker 10: Get it?
Speaker 11: We'll head out of my property.
Speaker 5: It looks good there though.
Speaker 3: Wait, don't touch my sign. That's my signs.
Speaker 9: Don't give a bunch of communists you didn't address me by my pronouns.
Speaker 2: Now these signs I think would be far more popular in that neighborhood. You know, it's always disappointing when you find out a great comic actress is actually a lame lifting losing it when the world class writers aren't around.
Speaker 3: This is what happens. Well, what we really need is a.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, the cringe festa didn't end there.
Speaker 7: Buddy, are a boy.
Speaker 12: I make a big knife scene industry.
Speaker 11: And.
Speaker 2: It wasn't long before the Maga fans were making little adjustments to that last clipper. Most of them I can't show you, but this one is wholesome enough.
Speaker 3: And look at that.
Speaker 2: They've got a millennia look like that. Now, what a shame to see Julia Luis Dreyfus engaging in these laymantics. I preferred her earlier work, when in her role as Beep, she was unintentionally mulking future vape haws.
Speaker 14: My fellow Americans, words have many meanings, and sometimes instead of conveying our meaning, they can suggest other meanings.
Speaker 15: When we talk about the children of the community, they are a children of the community.
Speaker 14: Well, we are the United States of America because we are united and we are states.
Speaker 15: I'm talking about the significance of the passage of time, right, the significance of the passage of time. So when you think about it, there is great significance to the passage of time.
Speaker 11: Whatever we have in store.
Speaker 14: Cannot be known. The past was once the future, the future is, i should say unknown.
Speaker 2: We've got to take this stuff seriously as seriously as you.
Speaker 13: Are, because you have been forced to have to take it seriously.
Speaker 14: Obesity is a serious disease and it needs to be taken seriously.
Speaker 15: You need to get to go and need to be able to get where you need to go to do the work and get home.
Speaker 14: I hope that Clara the issue and this can be the last word on those words.
Speaker 2: Now to a former CNN hack Don Lemon, who along with the other media, was circulating utter bulldust about the massive.
Speaker 3: Big names who would be appearing at the DNC.
Speaker 2: Of course, this was all to boost the TV audience, which was down on previous conventions.
Speaker 16: I'm so you guys have read all the headlines, all the stuff on social media about who's going to be at the DNC.
Speaker 5: Is it going to Beyonce?
Speaker 16: Is it going to be Taylor Swift? Here's what I hear from sources. If it's going to be anyone, it would be Beyonce, Taylor Swift, and George W. Bush speaking, those would be the heavy hitters, And it could happen.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: And plenty more left is with my next guest. And it was a case of where is the president and where is the vice president? Both Biden and Harris failed to turn up to Arlington National Cemetery to honor the thirteen service members who died in the botch Afghanistan withdraw three years ago, but President Donald Trump was there.
Speaker 10: So oh.
Speaker 2: It says plenty that both Harris and Biden were not even invited, but President Trump was. Now they weren't too busy. Biden had no public events scheduled. He was at his beach house, and Kamala also had no public events scheduled.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: She was presumably busy practicing her different accents.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is senior editor at Large.
Speaker 2: For Newsweek and Article three Projects Senior Council. Josh Hammer, Josh, They've had many, many failures during the Biden Harris administration's almost four year rain now, but to my mind, the botch withdrawal of Afghanistan is in the top five.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Rita, Look, you know, I was actually a conservative pundit who actually thought that the US should get out of Afghanistan. I actually was calling for this for a while, you know, from my perspective. You know, after Osama bin Laden was taken out in Pakistan due to the Taliban and Afghan forces helping to harbor him, obviously, but after that, in my perspective, the mission in Afghanistan was actually done. There was no need to get into this nation building crusade. But having said that, there was a correct way to do it, and there was a very incorrect way to do it. And to this day, those images, those videos that we saw the people falling off of the convoy planes as they were taking off, the weapons left behind that at Bagram Airfield, I mean, we saw a military paradeing Cobble just a week or two ago. The Taliban just just going through the seat, showcasing hundreds and hundreds of everything from these to shoulder hoisted rocket propelled grenade launchers to small arms aks ars, you name it there. I mean, that is your that is our US taxpayer dollars. That is literally funding a terrorist organization. I mean, it doesn't get more explicit than that. So absolute shame for Joe Biden and Kamala Harrison not take questions from the press on this very solemn day. On the flip side, though, huge political coup for Donald Trump. You know, he has very sound instincts when it comes to this sort of thing. This is now the first time that he has kind of pulled at a stunt like this, But it's not just a stunt, it's also very much the right thing to do as well.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, And former Democrat Tulsa Gabbett noted that as well, she has endorsed Donald Trump to tell the National Guard Association of the US, of which is a veteran, that Trump understands better than Kamala Harris the grave responsibility of the office. And she also explained a little bit about why, after twenty years in the Democrats, she is now backing Donald Trump.
Speaker 18: So, I mean what I say when I share with you that I know that President Trump understands the grave responsibility that a president and commander in chief bears for every single one of our lives. Whether you're a soldier, you're an airman, a marine, sailor, or a coast he keeps us in his heart in the decisions that he makes. We saw this through his first term in the presidency, when he not only didn't start any new wars, he took action to de escalate and prevent wars. He exercised the courage that we expect from our commander in chief in exhausting all measures of diplomacy, having the courage to meet with adversaries, dictators, allies and partners alike in the pursuit of peace, seeing war as a last resort. The truth is, as we head towards our decision as a country in November, the same cannot be said about Kamala Harris. In fact, the opposite is true, and we're living through this reality today as this administration has us facing multiple wars on multiple fronts and regions around the world, and closer to the brink of nuclear war than we ever have been before. This is one of the main reasons why I'm committed to doing all that I can to send President Trump back to the White House where he can once again serve us as our commander in chief.
Speaker 2: Josha also spoke about observing Donald Trump with the gold Staff families and noting how he really understands and appreciates the sacrifice of those who serve This is a powerful.
Speaker 17: Endorsement, extraordinarily powerful. I mean, it's probably important to remind the viewers scarit. You know, Tulci Gabberd ran for President of the United States as a Democrat just four years ago. I mean, she was in that very crowded primary, the primary that Joe Biden ultimately won, the primary by the way, in which Kamala Harris did not get a single primary delegate because she was out well before the first votes were cast. But you know this is consecutive weekdays, rita. So the Tulsi endorsement was Monday. Here in the US, RFK Junior endorsed on Friday. You know, those are two very, very very prominent ex Democrats who are endorsing Donald Trump now, frankly for very similar reasons too. Actually, if you connect the dots between these two high profile endorsements, they're both talking a lot about the fact that Donald Trump is a man of peace, which actually makes a great deal of sense when you consider the fact that during his four years as president, the world was not on fire in virtually every geopolitical and strategic theater that you can name. Vladner Putin did not invade Ukraine, Oran Has Balajamas were not circling up on Israel. Maduro den In, Venezuela is not trying to invade oil and natural gas fields next door. China was contained in the East and South Chinese. I could go I could go on there. But you know, it's such a turning up the script reata from where the two parties here in the US were as recently as fifteen twenty years ago. You know, back when John McCain was running for essentially a third Bush turn back in two thousand and eight. You know, Republicans at that time where the party of spreading democracy and these moralistic boondoggles overseas.
Speaker 11: You know how the script has turned.
Speaker 17: Now in the year twenty twenty four, you have former Democrats endorsing a Republican for purposes at peace, whereas the Biden Harris establishment is in fever. Frankly, of these of these feckless forever wars including the Russia Ukraine Theater.
Speaker 2: And let's not forget that when Trump first ran, one of the biggest warnings we kept hearing is he's going to start World War three. It's going to be catastrophe for the world, not just America. And of course, we had four years of peace, We had the Abraham Accords, we had all sorts of normalizations of relationships, and since then we've seen what's happened under the Biden Harris administration. Now let's talk about the vice presidential candidate, Tim Walls, Kamala's VP candidate. He's been acqu of lying.
Speaker 3: Again. Walls has already.
Speaker 2: Stretched the truth, and that's putting it kindly on his military service, his wife's futility journey is now being accused of claiming awards he never received. A two thousand and six letter from the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce has resurfaced, reprimanding the then congressional hopeful Walls for claiming on his website that he had received an award from them in nineteen ninety three for his work with the business community. The letter is fairly strongly worded. It reads, we research this matter and confirmed that you have not been the recipient of any award from the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to draw.
Speaker 2: A conclusion about your intentions by including this line in your biography. However, we respectfully request that you remove any reference to our organization, as it could be considered an endorsement of your candidacy. Jesus, from the Dui liize to the tampons in boys' bassrooms to stolen valor.
Speaker 3: I mean, this guy is a bit of a disaster, isn't he.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he really is.
Speaker 17: And you know, when you consider how Tim Walls progressed, I guess would be a polite way of putting it. I guess Barack Obama will call it evolved. You know, when you look at Tim Walls's evolution from when he was a congressman representing Minnesota to his time as governor, you know, you see how dishonest this man is. And I say that because when Tim Walls first ran for Congress, it was back in two thousand and six, which is which is a difficult cycle for many Democrats, and he was running actually in a Republican leaning district. He actually took many right of center positions. He stood for relative fiscal sanity. Actually, I mean This is the guy who now is saying that one person's socialism is another person's neighborliness. Back then, he was preaching fiscal sanity. He actually even gartered an NRA endorsement. He was a defender of the Second Amendment of your right to keep him bare arms. He spoke at APAC conferences. He was a reliable supporter of US Israel relations. I mean, I could go down the line. But then when he got into the governor's mansion in Minnesota, everything changed. Became the single greatest banner of the flames frankly of the George Floyd riots of twenty twenty. I mean, those riots started in his own backyard. He abetted them. He set up a he set up a COVID snitch hotline to rat out your neighbors if you were if you were so much as congregating outside there. I mean, I mean, the guy just went from a centrist Democrat to a hard laugh socialist loanbag. And the fact that he was so dishonest, I guess in retrospect, when he was representing Minnesota in Congress for twelve years, I mean, you know, you look here at the at these statements from the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce.
Speaker 11: It kind of all makes sense.
Speaker 17: But you know, Rita hearing that quote there, and it's a rather funny quote actually from the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce. You know, here in the United States, I guess the equivalent expression of what they're trying to say, at least in the southern US, would be bless your heart, which is a very shall we say, kind way of giving someone the middle finger.
Speaker 3: Yes, it sounds polite, but it's not. Now. Trump may have got the endorsements of Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy and Telsey Gabbard, but I think the most powerful endorsement he has in recent days is this because many many establishment Republican figures, the Rhinos as their known Republicans in name only, are throwing their support behind Kamala Harris. There's around two hundred former staffers of President George Bush, George W. Bush, and Senator John McCain and Mitt Romney backing Kamala and I think this is wonderful news for the Trump cab bait. I wouldn't be surprised if this makes his next ad.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, this actually is really exactly what I was talking about just a few minutes ago. I mean how the parties have switched over the past fifteen twenty years or so. I mean, back then, the Republicans were really the party of these neo conservative boondoggles. They were the party of las a fair fundamentalism when it came to so called free trade with our geopolitical foes such as China. And back then, you know, at least the economically populace bordering on socialist wing in the Democratic Party purported to stand against those things. They were against wars, they were against free trade, absolutism, they supported economic nationalism. Then, you know, I'm simplifying a little bit here, but fifteen twenty years later, the script seriously has changed there. So, I mean, I'm not particularly surprised that a lot of these flunkies, the people that failed us in Iraq and Afghanistan, that had the wrong idea, The people that had this idea that admitting China to the World Trade Organization on a most Favor Nation status with the United States, The people that thought that would somehow end up as a good deal for the United States taxpayer, for the United States worker and the rust bell. The people that thought that that would be a good idea to give our arch geopolitical foe the very rope with.
Speaker 11: Which to hang ourselves.
Speaker 17: I'm not surprised that these bunch of bumbling idiots are now endorsing the Democratic Party because the Party of Donald Trump and the current Republican Party has moved in a very different direction. I am happy with that, and I am frankly happy that they are not happy with that.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: Josh Facebook is claiming that it made an error and listened to error when it removed a page critical of cultural Marxism. This was a page connected to conservative liberal arts College Hillsdale. But these mistakes are happening way too often, often near an election, and it's always seems to be in the same direction.
Speaker 3: They claim it was just taken down.
Speaker 2: In eerr it's been restored, but I'm a little bit dubious of that because I see this over and over again, and as I said, it seems to be these mistakes are only ever made against conservatives.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know, it's tough to see what's happening in MATA right now. You know, Mark Zuckerberg is actually giving us very mixed signals. So it was actually, you know, less than twenty four hours ago that he sent the very interesting letter reader. I actually just saw this letter just an hour or two before I hopped on with you. And in this life letter that Mark Zuckerberg wrote to Congressman Jim Jordan, the chair of the House Juciary Committee, this strong conservative from Ohio. In this letter, Mark Zuckerberg actually one admits that the buying administration was coercing Facebook to censor COVID related speech, and then he says that he regrets not speaking up in hindsight because the government's trying to censor Facebook is actually wrong. So he's trying to do a bit of an about face here. And I also note that after the near Trump assassination in Butler, Pennsylvania, last month, I also note that Zuckerberg had an interview where he said that Donald Trump came off looking like a total badass. Frankly, So, I mean, you know, I'm not sure exactly what Zuckerberg is thinking these days.
Speaker 11: He's getting at very mixed signals here.
Speaker 17: To be honest with you, what I do know is that I have long, long been of the opinion that we need something closely approximate in common carrier regulation the same way that your cell phone is regulated, and you can't censor on the base of content there that is attachable for the social media platforms as well.
Speaker 2: And I think that's precisely what he's terrified of. And why is he can read polls as well as the next person. Despite Carmala's resurgence, I think he's expecting a second Trump term and he's trying to.
Speaker 3: Win back favor to.
Speaker 2: Memory hold the fact that he personally donated what four hundred, four hundred and fifty million of his own money to fortify the last election, And to me, it's just all too little, too late. It's too late now to come out and talk about how Meta was coerced to censor particular opinions or individuals. And I think he's particularly terrified of jd Vance because this seems to be a passion project for him, tackling big tech and the almost virtual monopoly some of these organizations enjoy.
Speaker 3: Josh Hammer, always a pleasure. Thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 11: Thanks for having me still.
Speaker 2: To Karma heartbroken, Ben Affleck is spending time with RFK Junior's daughter, And why is Tiger Woods being like it? To Prince Harry Kinsey Schofield joins me.
Speaker 10: Next.
Speaker 3: You're watching the Rita Panney Show.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is entertainment and royal reporter Kinsey Schofield.
Speaker 3: Kinsey Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Fans have been accused of bullying the wife of American footballer Patrick Mahomes over her support for Trump. Brittany Mahomes, whose husband is considered the very best player in the NFL, like to post on Instagram from Donald Trump. I think it was highlighting the twenty twenty four Republican platform, and of course that has seen a demented campaign of hate come her way from the left, including some swifties.
Speaker 3: And of course.
Speaker 2: Taylor's boyfriend Travis Kelcey plays alongside Patrick Mahomes and the two wags are often seen together watching games.
Speaker 3: Tell me about this.
Speaker 2: I've got to say I've been very impressed by Britney's reluctance to apologize or back away from lacking this Instagram posts from Donald Trump, because that's normally what happens.
Speaker 13: Right, and her reaction was to be a hater. As an adult, you have to have some deep rooted issues you refuse to heal from. So she really is saying, why don't you guys take a look in the mirror instead of attacking me. And the reality is she tweeted some pretty unkind things about Taylor Swift between twenty twelve and twenty thirteen. She accused Taylor of writing music just about boys and how she needed to find something else to write music about. So for swifties to threaten Brittany that Taylor's going to disown her over one like on Instagram, I think that Taylor has forgiven her for much worse.
Speaker 2: And I think I don't think Britney cares because in that wag world where she exists, I think it's all about how good your husband is, and her husband's number one, So Travis is way down on the list when you compare him to Patrick. So I just start don't know much about this girl, I've got to say, But I do admire the fact that she's not backing down because people far more powerful than her just take a knee when the hate mob come for them. Now, it hasn't been a good week for actor Ben Affleck. News of his divorce from wife Jennifer Lopez finally came out. It's been talked about for months, and the news did come out during the Democratic National Convention. There was a bit of conjecture that it was timed to sort of get lost in.
Speaker 3: All that news.
Speaker 2: But now he's been connected with a well A Kennedy tell me about this? Is he dating Kick Kennedy or ready?
Speaker 13: I mean, I do think that reports are legitimate. A Hollywood insider told Page six that Kick and Ben have been spotted at the Polo Lounge, at the Beverly Hills Hotel and other hot spots. Apparently Ben has always been Kick's celebrity crush, and reports suggests that they might have hooked up before Ben and Jen got back together the second time. So you know, I believe these reports that they've been seen together. And I also think Kick is beautiful, comes from a dynasty family, yet appears to stay out of the limelight. So perhaps she is more Ben's speed. But you know, he doesn't seem like a very joyful person to me, so hard pass.
Speaker 2: No, he is just He's got a lot of Prince Harry Abadie.
Speaker 3: He is just miserable.
Speaker 2: He seems to have these wonderful life, earning millions of dollars to act as at a string of glamorous girlfriends and wives, and every time you see him, he seems miserable. He made such a fool of himself at the Tom Brady Roast, remember that where everyone killed it on stage except him, and people were left perplexed by what he was trying to do because it wasn't funny, it wasn't clever. He just came off a little unhinged. Now, Kamala headquarters are still trying to push the narrative that Kamala is brat like singer Charlie xc X.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't even know.
Speaker 2: What that means, what bratt means. Bill Maher explains it here, and he says there's an issue with the messaging.
Speaker 1: This is how she herself defined to Charlie, that girl who is a little messy and likes to party and maybe says some dumb things sometimes, who feels herself and maybe also has a breakdown.
Speaker 3: What kind of are you identifying with?
Speaker 11: That's how you feel like.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, I don't want my president to be this kind of like parties through it, a little bit volatile, like does dumb things. It sounds like Trump, It.
Speaker 5: Doesn't sound like.
Speaker 11: Do you think Trump is brat?
Speaker 1: I think he's very bratt.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know what bratt really meantime until now, so I'm happy about that, But does this, really, I don't know, speak to the younger generations. Is this going to motivate them to register to vote and turn up on the day?
Speaker 13: I think it reeks of desperation, you know, similar to the DNC, the idea of being brat. There's no substance there. We want lower medication costs, lower gas prices, lower groceries. We want a serious candidate that hasn't set on cruise control for the last three years, accomplishing nothing of value. And while I get Bill's point, and it does make me laugh, and I tend to agree Trump is a serious candidate who talks about the issues, So I disagree fully that he's gone full brat.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now, the author behind a new biography into golfing legend Tiger Woods has called him the Prince Harry of Sport. James Patterson told The Daily Mail both Harry and Woods were in a gilded cage and trapped by fame, saying they're not allowed to be real people to be out in the world. I think that's probably a little bit of a problem with Harry.
Speaker 3: He's just got to go out there and be a real person.
Speaker 2: You know, do you agree with this comparison, because Tiger, whatever his antics were in his personal life, he did achieve extraordinary success in his profession. I'm not sure what Prince Harry has done other than trash his family and write about his Todcha endlessly.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, what an insult to Tiger was. He is a self made man and one of the greatest golfers of all time. Ever, He's won fifteen major championships, has eighty two PG Tour wins, and had a tremendous impact on golf, increasing its popularity in pop culture. He inspired a new generation of golfers, Harry inspires a new generation of mowners, and Harry's awards are paid to play. Tiger Woods is out there with that discipline and that hustle. He wants to be the best. So I think it's a real insult to Tiger Woods to compare him to Prince Harry.
Speaker 3: Now, this is fascinating stuff. Robert F. Kennedy Junior has revealed he.
Speaker 2: Originally wasn't interested in suspending his campaign for president and endorsing Donald Trump, but his wife, Cheryl was the one who turned him around.
Speaker 7: He said, you know, would you be interested in talking with that Trump, with President Trump? And I said, I don't think so. And then and part of this was I just thought it was an on start it with Cheryl, and I called Cheryl up. She said to me, you should hear them out. And I immediately called Galla, I taxit, Callie back and said, I'm interested.
Speaker 3: Well, she didn't tell him. She just said hear them out.
Speaker 2: But I think that's in itself interesting revelation. But even before that, she was getting absolutely blasted by the usual suspects that the people who tell you to respect women were slamming him for a decision her husband has made. Of course, Cheryl is as an actress Hollywood through and through, and some of these attacks are disgusting. Kinsy, I'll show you one from Variety says that actor Bradley Whitford slammed Cheryl Hines for not speaking out against her husband Rfgate Junior after he endorsed Donald Trump for president. And this is a direct quote way to stay silent while your lunatic husband throws his support behind the adjudicated rapist to brags about stripping women of their fundamental rights. Gutsy, great example for the kids' profile and courage. I mean, who is this and has been? It is absolutely appalling Kinsey, We've.
Speaker 3: Run out of time.
Speaker 2: I'll speak to you later in the week and that's it from me.
Speaker 3: Up next is Newsnight.
Speaker 2: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow and Douglas Murray and Dad Sad will be joining me.
Speaker 3: Good Night,