Speaker 1: It is Jason, Laura. This is number one hundred. We're doing a thanks to shell already express our ex guests.
Speaker 2: Is one of the most charming captains you'll see on the ocean and your screen.
Speaker 3: In my twenty five years of being a captain, I've learned that you can't be in control of everything.
Speaker 2: Back for another season of Below Dick Down Under. It's below deck, that's what That's what I said, below Dick, below Deck. I don't understand the different Back for another season of Jason's favorite boat based reality TV series. Please welcome to the show, Captain.
Speaker 4: Jasonhoy Captain Jason.
Speaker 5: Good morning, I'm great, Thank you yourself. We're great, mate. It's good to see you back on the Telly.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite reality It has.
Speaker 5: Been a bit of a long stand away, wasn't it question? Too long?
Speaker 4: Where have you been?
Speaker 5: Recently? We went to the Say Shells.
Speaker 3: Season three was moved down Under to the Say Shells, which you know.
Speaker 5: I think we exhausted everything we can do in Australia.
Speaker 3: North queens Landings was possibly the only cruising grounds that are viable for the logistics around these shows.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but then there's sharks and crocodiles and stuff, so get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well okay, look I love remote work as well, So say shells are something new. It's another tick in the box. And you know, let's get to Africa.
Speaker 4: So it's say shells, but it's Australian like guests is all right.
Speaker 5: Well no it's me.
Speaker 3: I'm down under and look we're a lot of a lot of down under the water.
Speaker 5: We're doing a lot of diving down under the under the equator.
Speaker 3: You know, we can come up with anything.
Speaker 5: The guests behaving themselves these days, Captain, we.
Speaker 3: Look at we have some quality guests on this year. Look it's an easy self come to the say shells, why not nudity? We had the butt plugs in the episode Contravan.
Speaker 4: You know it's funny because people do bring things onto these Lauren, Yes, well no, no.
Speaker 1: Just to figure in jas Lauren was on a super end of the year her friend's own one.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't me.
Speaker 1: It was another boat to think it when you posted a photo you're wheeling on a lot of No.
Speaker 4: I did get a text when I got back saying lost property and it was a zip lock bag with things in it, and I was like, thankfully it was like a bikini or something. But I was like, I hope that I'd send that to August when they find things, because you must find things left behind all the time.
Speaker 5: Over the years. Definitely, Yeah, I've unlocked a few bags and found some.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason, with this show the people, so look for people that aren't familiar with the show. It's all filmed on super yachts. People pay to go on there the crew or hooking up with each other. It's very dramatic. But for the paying customers to go on the boat, what's the incentive for them? Are they getting it at a discounted rate? Are they only paying the tip?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, they So when I have one of these charter boats, would be about three to four one hundred thousand a week for seven days. So the charge for going to the say Shells for three days is about seventy thousand. So it's a reduced rate. But you know, it attracts some clientele. Some people want to be on TV. Someone they've always got an angle whether they're you know, they're businesses based around social media platforms or something, so you know, their PR firms or whatever.
Speaker 5: So the guests of or or they just love the show and they want to be part of.
Speaker 1: It, but they've got no option when it comes to editing.
Speaker 3: If they look at the amount of text message that I get from charter guests going on, we're nervous, Wh're nervous.
Speaker 4: God, when I was on the boat over the holidays, I'm glad no one was filming it.
Speaker 3: Well, I think at the end of the day, Yeah, especially that big bag you carry on.
Speaker 5: Look if at the end of the day, if you're a dickhead, you're going to be edited a dickead. Yeah, you know. So Look, look, if you carry on, it's you know, it's not your favor.
Speaker 3: But that's the best thing about the show, and the audience needs to know this that we're doing probably a year's worth of work in six weeks. And they go out and they get on it and they come back, and I think a lot of crew come on with this facade about how they're going to be foreseen, and then after fatigue sets in and a few nights out, we all know that facades get dropped away and the real person comes out.
Speaker 5: And that's the best thing about the show. We actually watch people.
Speaker 3: Unravel and crack and I as a captain have to keep it together from a safety point of view as well.
Speaker 5: So that's my challenge. I don't know the boat, I don't know the crew.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of crew that are working hard to work together, and I've got to keep it together.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day.
Speaker 4: What is the wildest thing you've ever seen someone do on one of these boats.
Speaker 5: Have you ever had to shut down a charter or kick people off weather?
Speaker 3: It's been an issue to generally just shut down a charter before, I think a Nona asked me to, you know, I said, I want my guest just came in from Canada just for two days, two days. For two days, we need to go out. I said, we can't. It's just it's actually just too rough. And he said, look, I want to go out. I said we can't, it's too rough. He said, I don't care. He's flying all the way from Canada for two days. I'm not having him sitting on the boat. I said, okay, let's do it. We went out there and we're out there for about forty five minutes. He said, is it going to be like this all the way? I said yeah, For the next four hours. He said, let's turn around. I said, well's I going ahead to get rougher now and got back into port. Everything's piano slid everywhere, and he's like, from now and I'll listen to you.
Speaker 1: You know, you know it's a rough day when the piano sliding all over that.
Speaker 5: So you know you're on a big boat. Well, that's a lot of things the captains we have to go through.
Speaker 3: We have to say yes, we have to jump up and down, and we have to ben the rules a lot because there is four hundred captains waiting in line to take your jobs live in this cup thrown industry. However, when you get older and you get a bit more experienced, you kind of just stand up a little bit more to them and just like, Okay, if the cards are dealt that way and I haven't got no job for the next year, well so be at least I'll work for a better person in the future.
Speaker 4: What's the name of the boat you're on? Can we google it?
Speaker 5: Katina?
Speaker 3: Katina Catina the Jase Hawkins that is, what's the name of your boat?
Speaker 5: It's just a tenny. We don't have a name of Jason Hawkins. Jason he's a Captain, have a ty ty, Come on.
Speaker 4: Tina, looks nice. It's got a pool. If you've got a pool on the boat, you are living.
Speaker 5: Below deck down Under Season three.
Speaker 1: It is now streaming on. How you hey, Captain Jas, thanks for jumping on again.
Speaker 5: Make good to see you. I really appreciate it. Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren Wake up Feeling Good on number one hundred.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren on socials